TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Duty Free Liquor Warning (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=98008)

Nick and Judy September 26th, 2006 12:21 AM

Duty Free Liquor Warning

FYI:
Against our better judgement, we decided to buy a bottle of rum at the duty
free shop in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We knew we could carry it on to
Miami(they bring it to the gate), but would have to check it after we went
through customs, for our connecting flight to Dallas/Fort Worth. Needless to
say, despite beiing wrapped well and surrounded by clothing, it arrived in
DFW broken.
American Airlines doesn't cover glass breakage in checked luggage.
We can't be the only ones this has happened to.
So no more duty free liquor purchases for us until we can carry it on board.