TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Magritte paintings in Brussels (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=180492)

[email protected] September 2nd, 2013 01:40 PM

Magritte paintings in Brussels

Hi.
I remember seeing Magritte paintings in a brussels museum long before the Magritte Museum was opened but I don't remember exactly where.
On the other hand, I read negative reviews about the Magritte Museum.
Some people stated that the best/famous paintings are not there.
Is there an alternative to the Magritte Museum in brussels?
Thanks in advance.

[email protected] September 3rd, 2013 11:16 AM

Magritte paintings in Brussels

בתאריך יום ש*י, 2 בספטמבר 2013 15:40:01 UTC+3, מאת :
Hi.

I remember seeing Magritte paintings in a brussels museum long before the Magritte Museum was opened but I don't remember exactly where.

On the other hand, I read negative reviews about the Magritte Museum.

Some people stated that the best/famous paintings are not there.

Is there an alternative to the Magritte Museum in brussels?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.
I seem to remember another museum but I'm probably mistaken.

[email protected] September 4th, 2013 09:12 AM

Magritte paintings in Brussels

בתאריך יום ש*י, 2 בספטמבר 2013 15:40:01 UTC+3, מאת :
Hi.

I remember seeing Magritte paintings in a brussels museum long before the Magritte Museum was opened but I don't remember exactly where.

On the other hand, I read negative reviews about the Magritte Museum.

Some people stated that the best/famous paintings are not there.

Is there an alternative to the Magritte Museum in brussels?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.
Please let me clarify.
I understand about the current museums -
1. Magritte museum
2. Magritte home
I was referring to a 3rd museum that I visited around the year 2000, long before the Magritte museum was opened. Would you happen to know if the "good stuff" (subjective, I know) was moved to the Magritte museum? I promise not to ask any more questions :-)