TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trans Atlantic Crossings (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=120145)

Easy News August 29th, 2007 08:59 PM

Trans Atlantic Crossings

Thank you all so very much for your suggestions and comments. It has been
very helpful. I now think we will take a different cruise line than the
smaller one I had first thought about taking. The Oceania sounds like a
good one from all that I read. I will continue to do research since we
don't plan on going until Next Fall.
But your answers were very much appreciated.
I especially liked finding out that the air fare was included in Oceania
and that they use cities in Florida where we live.

We have been wanting to do something different and I thought about this
Trans Atlantic cruise, or a trip to Vietnam, or that cruise around the horn.
Unfortunately, my desire to visit unusual places and do the unusual things
are quite a bit out of our budget so I have to come back to earth when it
comes down to reality.

But I thought as long as hubby and I still have our health and on the
younger side of 65 we should take advantage of the things we used to dream
about and say we would do when the kids were grown and out of school.
Now that time has come and we find that if we save, plan, and are very
careful, we can and are doing many of the things we used to dream about.
No more vacations in tents, but I still miss the kids being along, and no
more planning meals on camp fires. Oh it is ever so nice to have someone
else do the waiting on me.

Just another sixties generation flower child.
Sandy