TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=168715)

JImmy August 26th, 2010 02:19 PM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

--
JImmy
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

- Bobb -[_2_] August 26th, 2010 06:55 PM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

I assume any package is going to END in Vegas would START in Vegas . Finding
one that starts in MOAB and ends in Vegas is reaching.

http://www.tours4fun.com/globus-nav-...nyonlands.html
says 11 days but skip first Vegas day ?
call them for quote / to work it out

"JImmy" wrote in message

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

--
JImmy
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Lawrence Akutagawa August 26th, 2010 09:23 PM

"JImmy" wrote in message

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

JImmy -

Check with your local travel agent. Things like this is what he/she is paid
to do.

K August 26th, 2010 09:53 PM

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"JImmy" wrote in message

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in
Las Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

JImmy -

Check with your local travel agent. Things like this is what he/she
is paid to do.

You can look here http://www.utahscenictours.com/grand_circle_tour.html and
I'm sure there are other companies offering tours in the area known as the
Grand Circle.

Keith

tim.... August 26th, 2010 11:18 PM

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in message

"JImmy" wrote in message

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

JImmy -

Check with your local travel agent. Things like this is what he/she is
paid to do.

Except that more and more for such searches, he/she is paid by the traveller
over and above the cost of the tour

tim

Lawrence Akutagawa August 27th, 2010 01:31 AM

"JImmy" wrote in message

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

JImmy -

Check with your local travel agent. Things like this is what he/she is
paid to do.

Except that more and more for such searches, he/she is paid by the
traveller over and above the cost of the tour

tim

Such that the original poster is seeking the same info gratis here rather
than pay someone? Now why can't the op do the work himself that he expects
someone else to do for him gratis? Lazy? Can pay for the tour but does
not want to pay for info about the tour? Has enough time to take the tour
but not enough time to conduct the search himself? Does not know how to use
google, bing, yahoo, ask, or any of the other search sites?

news[_8_] August 27th, 2010 07:39 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

Rent a car and drive yourself.
ina
"JImmy" schreef in bericht

We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy

--
JImmy
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

K August 28th, 2010 12:44 AM

"JImmy" wrote in message

[...]

Don't be a jerk. Isn't participation in these groups low enough as it is?
And you want to discourage questions because you're so smart you never have
to ask anything? Why don't you leave, and leave the few remaining souls to
do what this group was started for - to share travel information.

Brian[_1_] August 28th, 2010 02:55 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:31:49 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Such that the original poster is seeking the same info gratis here rather
than pay someone? Now why can't the op do the work himself that he expects
someone else to do for him gratis? Lazy? Can pay for the tour but does
not want to pay for info about the tour? Has enough time to take the tour
but not enough time to conduct the search himself? Does not know how to use
google, bing, yahoo, ask, or any of the other search sites?

Or perhaps the person is asking if anyone might have knowledge that
might help make a decision.

Not everyone is all-knowing as you must be.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 28th, 2010 07:57 AM

"K" wrote in message

"JImmy" wrote in message

[...]

tsk,tsk, tsk...so as a way of increasing participation in this group you
favor folks here to play travel agent gratis? Is that your point?

Allow me to point out that fulfilling the role of a travel agent is not
quite - by at least a country mile - sharing travel information.

I note that you yourself are not playing the role of travel agent to Jimmy.
Exactly why is that? How come you are not ferreting out his requested
information? Wouldn't you yourself supplying him with the requested
information be a lot more useful towards the kind of participation you tout
here? Why this talking the talk and not walking the walk? Why all this
hypocrisy?

Lawrence Akutagawa August 28th, 2010 07:58 AM

wrote:

Such that the original poster is seeking the same info gratis here rather
than pay someone? Now why can't the op do the work himself that he
expects
someone else to do for him gratis? Lazy? Can pay for the tour but does
not want to pay for info about the tour? Has enough time to take the tour
but not enough time to conduct the search himself? Does not know how to
use
google, bing, yahoo, ask, or any of the other search sites?

Or perhaps the person is asking if anyone might have knowledge that
might help make a decision.

Not everyone is all-knowing as you must be.

[chuckle] Read the original post. I'll quote it here in its entirety for
you:

****
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy
****

Nothing there about "asking if anyone might have knowledge that might help
make a decision." Jimmy is just looking for information commonly supplied
by travel agents.

No, I am not "all-knowing." But I know enough to know that Jimmy is asking
for information commonly supplied by travel agents. Of course, if you
yourself want to play travel agent for Jimmy gratis...by all means be my
guest.

MAS August 28th, 2010 01:47 PM

On 8/28/2010 2:58 AM, Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
No, I am not "all-knowing." But I know enough to know that Jimmy is asking
for information commonly supplied by travel agents. Of course, if you
yourself want to play travel agent for Jimmy gratis...by all means be my
guest.

Several travel agents, and many seasoned cruisers, post on
rec.travel.cruises and answer questions such as the OP's.

Brian[_1_] August 29th, 2010 04:00 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:58:00 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

[...]

I had read the original post. Some people are more helpful and less
defensive than you seem to be.
Not every travel agent will know all the necessary information either.
When we have worked with a travel agent, we have found it quite
helpful to do independent research.

K August 29th, 2010 05:07 AM

wrote:

[...]

You really are an ass. Why don't I recognize your name after over twenty
years on this group? The OP asked a very generic question, and why you take
that as an affront is a mystery. You must be one of these 'travel agents'
you tout so much, looking for a commission. Why don't you get lost? You're
still trying to sound all-knowing, and all you manage to do is to sound
all-jerk. You really don't belong here with that attitude.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 29th, 2010 08:35 AM

"K" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper. And now throwing about ad hominems
to and fro to boot.

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about you
doing the research for the OP and providing him with the information he
seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel agent? Why be such an
absolute hypocrite?

Lawrence Akutagawa August 29th, 2010 08:36 AM

wrote:

[...]

Clarification, please....
By "do independent research" do you mean you yourself did the research or
did you - as did the OP here - call on others to do that "independent
research" for you gratis?

SMS August 29th, 2010 04:37 PM

On 26/08/10 6:19 AM, JImmy wrote:
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

It does not exist. Forget about visiting these places.

James Silverton[_3_] August 29th, 2010 06:47 PM

Brian wrote on Sat, 28 Aug 2010 23:00:38 -0400:

I had read the original post. Some people are more helpful and less
defensive than you seem to be.
Not every travel agent will know all the necessary information either.
When we have worked with a travel agent, we have found it quite
helpful to do independent research.

I don't know why people complain about a person asking a perfectly civil
question. That's one of the reasons this ng exists. Even so, the
distances involved are such that you might best hire a car. Tho' we did
visit all those places as part of a car trip, we went to other parks too
and we did not use a travel agent. I must admit the lonely, empty road
to Moab was a bit intimidating.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Doug McDonald[_4_] August 29th, 2010 09:39 PM

On 8/29/2010 2:35 AM, Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about you
doing the research for the OP and providing him with the information he
seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel agent? Why be such an
absolute hypocrite?

He may be asking for info that you don't get with a travel agent.

I've actually tried travel agents for vacations, and except for one
4-day add-on to a scientific conference in Hawaii, I've never,
ever, had one cope up with a suggestion that was any good.
Really. They've never even heard of most of the companies I've
taken group tours with in the past. They've never even heard
of most of the places I've been. And the places they
have heard of, such as the last try, Panama, they never came up with
anything suitable.

Doug McDonald

JImmy August 29th, 2010 10:52 PM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

Thanks for the given information that "I know " guys. I am looking for
someone that has taken a trip of this type with some insight.

--
JImmy
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

K August 30th, 2010 12:20 AM

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"K" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I already sent him what he was looking for, which is why I can't understand
why you go on and on. If you could read as well as you can bleat you'd know
that.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 30th, 2010 12:51 AM

"Doug McDonald" wrote in message
[...]

hmmm...ok, I give up. Here is original poster's post -

*****
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy
*****

Where in his post is he "asking for info that you don't get with a travel
agent"? Granted, he needs to work with a travel agent familiar with the
American Southwest and in particular Las Vegas, Arches National Park, Grand
Canyon, Monument Park, Bryce Canyon. Working with one specializing in the
New England states will probably not get him the information he seeks.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 30th, 2010 01:12 AM

"K" wrote in message

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"K" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

[chuckle] So you indeed did do the research for him. I was wrong. Lucky
man, he is. I do note, though, that his requested two day stay in LV at the
end is not included in the tour package. And the indicated tour includes
the north rim of the Grand Canyon rather than the more popular - and to many
the more sweeping view wise - south rim. But these are probably no more
than no-never-minds for what he is looking. I wonder why he hasn't the
courtesy of thanking you for doing all the work for him.

Brian[_1_] August 30th, 2010 02:12 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:36:04 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Clarification, please....
By "do independent research" do you mean you yourself did the research or
did you - as did the OP here - call on others to do that "independent
research" for you gratis?

Some of both. Researching myself and asking people for help. Found a
lot of good information from people in different newsgroups. And
hopefully some of my posts helped others also.

Brian[_1_] August 30th, 2010 02:15 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:12:31 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

[chuckle] So you indeed did do the research for him. I was wrong. Lucky
man, he is. I do note, though, that his requested two day stay in LV at the
end is not included in the tour package. And the indicated tour includes
the north rim of the Grand Canyon rather than the more popular - and to many
the more sweeping view wise - south rim. But these are probably no more
than no-never-minds for what he is looking. I wonder why he hasn't the
courtesy of thanking you for doing all the work for him.

You've been evading the question that was asked. Are you a travel
agent?

Brian[_1_] August 30th, 2010 02:22 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 08:37:10 -0700, SMS
wrote:

On 26/08/10 6:19 AM, JImmy wrote:
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

It does not exist. Forget about visiting these places.

Why should he forget about visiting them? It just might take going
there himself by renting a car.

I could be wrong but short of arranging a personalized trip which
would be very expensive, I would doubt that there would be a trip that
would visit these locations without going to other locations also.

Tauck does have a tour that goes to Bryce, Zion, the Grand Canyon and
Las Vegas.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 30th, 2010 05:59 AM

wrote:

[chuckle] So you indeed did do the research for him. I was wrong. Lucky
man, he is. I do note, though, that his requested two day stay in LV at
the
end is not included in the tour package. And the indicated tour includes
the north rim of the Grand Canyon rather than the more popular - and to
many
the more sweeping view wise - south rim. But these are probably no more
than no-never-minds for what he is looking. I wonder why he hasn't the
courtesy of thanking you for doing all the work for him.

You've been evading the question that was asked. Are you a travel
agent?

relevance? Whether I am one or not is a red herring, is it not? What
bearing does my being one or not have to do with the OP not doing his own
research? Or with him not seeking the services of any appropriate travel
agent?

Lawrence Akutagawa August 30th, 2010 06:00 AM

wrote:

On 26/08/10 6:19 AM, JImmy wrote:
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

It does not exist. Forget about visiting these places.

Why should he forget about visiting them? It just might take going
there himself by renting a car.

I could be wrong but short of arranging a personalized trip which
would be very expensive, I would doubt that there would be a trip that
would visit these locations without going to other locations also.

Tauck does have a tour that goes to Bryce, Zion, the Grand Canyon and
Las Vegas.

kudos on doing OP's research for him.

Brian[_1_] August 31st, 2010 02:30 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:59:12 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

relevance? Whether I am one or not is a red herring, is it not? What
bearing does my being one or not have to do with the OP not doing his own
research? Or with him not seeking the services of any appropriate travel
agent?

Guess that tells me what I need to know.

I'd sure hate to be a client of yours. Then again, I'm not really big
on interacting with obnoxious argumentative people any more than I
have to.

Brian[_1_] August 31st, 2010 02:31 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:00:24 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

kudos on doing OP's research for him.

Did it just for you.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 31st, 2010 02:48 AM

wrote:

kudos on doing OP's research for him.

Did it just for you.

On behalf of the OP, since he seems not to appreciate at all all this free
research on his behalf....thank you.

Lawrence Akutagawa August 31st, 2010 02:49 AM

wrote:

relevance? Whether I am one or not is a red herring, is it not? What
bearing does my being one or not have to do with the OP not doing his own
research? Or with him not seeking the services of any appropriate travel
agent?

Guess that tells me what I need to know.

I'd sure hate to be a client of yours. Then again, I'm not really big
on interacting with obnoxious argumentative people any more than I
have to.

[chuckle] hmmm...allow me the observation that you here are doing a rather
superb job of exactly that.

By the way...how about establishing relevance as to whether I am a travel
agent or not vis a vis OP not doing his own research on the one hand and on
the other hand him not seeking the services of any appropriate travel agent.
That seems to have kind of, sort of slipped your mind there, did it not?

K August 31st, 2010 11:26 PM

JImmy wrote:
Thanks for the given information that "I know " guys. I am looking for
someone that has taken a trip of this type with some insight.

We did a similar trip a few years ago, but spent two weeks going by car.
Only the last night was in Las Vegas and we spent a whole lot on a truly
crappy meal. The National Parks and State Parks we visited were magical.
We stayed mostly in non-chain motels and ate all meals in local restaurants
(no fast food places around that we noticed anyhow). The rooms were all
spotlessly clean and the food good, though uninspired.

Walking the trails in the parks can be strenuous, but the maps tell you
which ones require anything other than good shoes and a big jug of water.
We rented horses in Zion and Bryce and the trail rides are especially
spectacular in Bryce. The jeep tours around Moab are very interesting given
the scenery, the tribal art and artifacts in the area, and the region's
history mining uranium. No trip will be long enough.

Keith

Brian[_1_] September 1st, 2010 04:27 AM

7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:49:19 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

This is getting far too boring.

Lawrence Akutagawa September 1st, 2010 06:51 AM

"Brian" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:49:19 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Still talking to me, are you now? Interesting...very interesting.

And I note you duck the issue of relevance. Even more interesting.