TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   suggestion on Kenya trip (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=62609)

lonetraveller March 25th, 2005 02:01 PM

suggestion on Kenya trip

I would like to watch the annual wild animals migration
according to travel books, it will happen in July and August

so will it be high possibility to miss the migration if I go there at mid
August?
Thanks

Pat Anderson March 25th, 2005 02:26 PM

In message , lonetraveller
writes
I would like to watch the annual wild animals migration
according to travel books, it will happen in July and August

so will it be high possibility to miss the migration if I go there at mid
August?
Thanks

I have been in the Maasai Mara in August and saw many animals crossing
both the plains and the river. August is a lovely time to be in Kenya!
Pat
--
Pat Anderson

Pat Anderson March 25th, 2005 02:26 PM

In message , lonetraveller
writes
I would like to watch the annual wild animals migration
according to travel books, it will happen in July and August

so will it be high possibility to miss the migration if I go there at mid
August?
Thanks

I have been in the Maasai Mara in August and saw many animals crossing
both the plains and the river. August is a lovely time to be in Kenya!
Pat
--
Pat Anderson

Johan W. Elzenga March 25th, 2005 03:31 PM

lonetraveller wrote:

I would like to watch the annual wild animals migration
according to travel books, it will happen in July and August

so will it be high possibility to miss the migration if I go there at mid
August?

No. The wildebeeste migration is usually in Kenya between mid to end
July and beginning of October. Mid August is a good time, but there are
never guarantees.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

lonetraveller wrote:

I would like to watch the annual wild animals migration
according to travel books, it will happen in July and August

so will it be high possibility to miss the migration if I go there at mid
August?

No. The wildebeeste migration is usually in Kenya between mid to end
July and beginning of October. Mid August is a good time, but there are
never guarantees.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

[...]