TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bing search engine results in China (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=181778)

Alfred Molon[_6_] April 18th, 2015 10:27 PM

Bing search engine results in China

Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use Bing.

A Bing search for "pronomen" (German for "pronoun") returns no results,
only the following text:

"Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which
filters out results that might return adult content. To learn more about
SafeSearch requirements in your country or region, see How Bing delivers
search results."

I'll have to use another search engine for this search.
--

Alfred Molon

John Keiser April 19th, 2015 12:18 AM

Bing search engine results in China

Can you use a VPN?

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use Bing.

A Bing search for "pronomen" (German for "pronoun") returns no results,
only the following text:

"Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which
filters out results that might return adult content. To learn more about
SafeSearch requirements in your country or region, see How Bing delivers
search results."

I'll have to use another search engine for this search.
--

Alfred Molon

Alfred Molon[_6_] April 19th, 2015 08:41 AM

Bing search engine results in China

In article ,
says...

Can you use a VPN?

Probably yes, I guess I would have to purchase the service.

But the point is that BING should not behave like this. A search for
grammar information on pronouns should be perfectly legal also in China.
--
Alfred Molon

Spehro Pefhany April 22nd, 2015 05:18 AM

Bing search engine results in China

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 23:27:57 +0200, the renowned Alfred Molon
wrote:

Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use Bing.

A Bing search for "pronomen" (German for "pronoun") returns no results,
only the following text:

"Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which
filters out results that might return adult content. To learn more about
SafeSearch requirements in your country or region, see How Bing delivers
search results."

I'll have to use another search engine for this search.

Works okay for me via a China proxy.

Eg. http://www.godic.net/dict/Pronomen

First time it asked what language it was, and I answered Deutsche..

Maybe it thinks you're looking for something more... graphic.

--sp

Alfred Molon[_6_] April 23rd, 2015 08:27 PM

Bing search engine results in China

In article ,
what says...
Works okay for me via a China proxy.

Eg.
http://www.godic.net/dict/Pronomen

First time it asked what language it was, and I answered Deutsche..

Maybe it thinks you're looking for something more... graphic.

Baidu has no such problems. As my Chinese teacher puts it "women yong
baidu" (we use baidu).
--
Alfred Molon

tomB April 24th, 2015 07:56 AM

maybe you should think about using a different search engine, as the chinese population doesn't seem to be into Bing that much anyways (well, is any population into bing?!^^)

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...earch-engines/

Spehro Pefhany April 26th, 2015 05:35 PM

Bing search engine results in China

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:27:46 +0200, the renowned Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Works okay for me via a China proxy.

Eg. http://www.godic.net/dict/Pronomen

First time it asked what language it was, and I answered Deutsche..

Maybe it thinks you're looking for something more... graphic.

Baidu has no such problems. As my Chinese teacher puts it "women yong
baidu" (we use baidu).

Baidu doesn't understand English so well. If you search for pron or
pr0n (not in China) on an English-based search engine you'll come up
with the likely reason for the censorship.

--sp

lalacurf121 September 17th, 2015 05:30 AM

which filters out results that might return adult content.
sbobet mobile