TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Good restaurants & places to stay in Tasmania ?? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=62767)

aggip March 28th, 2005 03:21 AM

Good restaurants & places to stay in Tasmania ??

hokiangafarmer March 30th, 2005 05:50 AM

Cradle Mountain Lodge is a greta place to stay mainly becaus eof it's location, you will se a lot of nocturnal wildlife hovering around the lodge at night

Jerry Rioux April 6th, 2005 06:08 AM

I totally agree. The cabins at the Cradle M,ountain Lodge are
absolutely wonderful. The rear windows of our cabin provided a
wonderful view of the forest and lots of exotic creatures. I
recommend it highly. The food at the lodge was good, as well.

wrote:

aggip Wrote:

Cradle Mountain Lodge is a greta place to stay mainly becaus eof it's
location, you will se a lot of nocturnal wildlife hovering around the
lodge at night

P.R.Brady April 8th, 2005 02:09 PM

wrote:

aggip Wrote:

Cradle Mountain Lodge is a greta place to stay mainly becaus eof it's
location, you will se a lot of nocturnal wildlife hovering around the
lodge at night

Yes, I'll second that - it's magical. If you go, be sure to book on the
searchlight tour. Trowuna wildlife park to the east is also worth a
visit if you want to cuddle a baby wombat.

Swansea Cottages in Swansea are good - Freycinet peninsula and penguins
at Bicheno are close by.

Francescas spanish restaurant, Battery Point, Hobart is super.

Phil