TravelBanter

-   Travel - anything else not covered (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29196)

John Llort December 17th, 2003 08:29 PM

TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam

In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Dieter Aa December 17th, 2003 08:44 PM

TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam

"John Llort" schreef in bericht
In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked

cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat

is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa

and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Where exactly can I eat that ?
How does it taste ?

Jenn December 17th, 2003 08:47 PM

TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam

In article ,
"John Llort" wrote:

In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

uh -- if you can't tell what it is, what difference does it make what it
is? [I will draw the line at human of course]

Spehro Pefhany December 17th, 2003 08:48 PM

TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:44:24 GMT, the renowned "Dieter Aa" Dieter
wrote:

"John Llort" schreef in bericht
In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked

cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat

is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa

and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Where exactly can I eat that ?
How does it taste ?

I imagine not so great, being a carnivore. And it's probably
relatively expensive.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Miguel Cruz December 17th, 2003 10:17 PM

John Llort wrote:
In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked
cat. Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the
meat is confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho,
Bien Hoa and sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Is cat meat dangerous to humans?

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

David Horne December 17th, 2003 10:40 PM

Miguel Cruz wrote:

John Llort wrote:
In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked
cat. Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the
meat is confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho,
Bien Hoa and sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Is cat meat dangerous to humans?

I don't know. I'd eat it, if it was good. Is it?

One of my favorite thai dishes is a certain kind of frog soup. Really
looks like three blanched frogs sitting atop some spinach! Never seen it
in the west though...

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk

Deep Freud Moors December 18th, 2003 01:06 AM

TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:40:56 +0000,
(David Horne) wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:

John Llort wrote:
In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked
cat. Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the
meat is confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho,
Bien Hoa and sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Is cat meat dangerous to humans?

I don't know. I'd eat it, if it was good. Is it?

I had some in HK. They prepared it with a very sweet sauce which was
not to my liking. Didn't taste like venison to me.
---
DFM

Nomen December 18th, 2003 02:11 AM

John Llort wrote:

In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Why would they think something named "Little Tiger" would be venison?

Spehro Pefhany December 18th, 2003 03:30 AM

TRAVEL WARNING: Avoid the little tiger dish in Vietnam

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:11:07 GMT, the renowned Nomen
wrote:

John Llort wrote:

In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

Why would they think something named "Little Tiger" would be venison?

Delicacies such as cat are often a little dear.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

neil tupper December 18th, 2003 03:41 AM

"John Llort" wrote in message
In vietnam some places will offer the special "Little Tiger" disk to
foreigners and not explain to them that the dish is practically cooked

cat.
Unfortunately when you are served you cannot tell it is cat and the meat

is
confused for venison. This dish is commonly served in Can Tho, Bien Hoa

and
sometimes Ho Chi Minh City.

The next time I'm in EUROPE I'll be sure to remember that.

Neil