TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drakensburg tours from Durban (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=60)

dick caetano September 20th, 2003 06:33 PM

Drakensburg tours from Durban

I expect to be in Durban on Dec 19 or Dec 20 and would like to visit
Sani Pass. Are there tours out of Durban which would include
transportation to and from Durban. What do you recommend as the best
way to accomplish this? Thank You, Richard Caetano

Clive Reid September 22nd, 2003 02:42 PM

Drakensburg tours from Durban

Dear Dick,

This is a reference I got from www.google.com- the tour seems to run from
Underberg. You could drive there from Durban +- 3 hours on tar road.
www.sanitours.co.za/

As an aside, in about 1975 I rode to the top of the pass on my 175cc Yamaha
motobike which overheated somewhat. This gravel road, steep as it was, and
which I understand is a newer ascent, looked down on a trecherous looking
track that must have been the original way up. It must have been hair
raising using the original pass. You will still be able to see the original
road today I'm sure.

Enjoy your trip.

Regards,
Clive Reid