TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23761)

Jim Follas February 6th, 2004 09:44 AM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

My wife and I have booked an aft balcony cabin(#6262)on the Carnival
Pride next month. We always enjoyed the view from the back and liked
the idea of an extended balcony. After reading more reviews, we've
noticed a few complaints about vibrations and soot on the balcony.
Has anyone had an aft cabin and should I be worried about soot.
Should I bring a broom....?

Thanks in advance for the info,
Jim

Tom February 6th, 2004 02:30 PM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

I had aft balcony on the Spirit and it was great. Yes you will have
occasional soot. We took our room towels and dusted off the furniture or
laid on the towels. Your bare feet will get dirty so use sandals. Most soot
accumulated during the night and we noticed it in the morning. As far as
vibration, I never noticed any more than any other part of the ship. I think
you picked the best side of the ship, more things to see generaly.
Were else can you watch what is happening on two sides of the ship from your
balcony.
"Jim Follas" wrote in message
om...
My wife and I have booked an aft balcony cabin(#6262)on the Carnival
Pride next month. We always enjoyed the view from the back and liked
the idea of an extended balcony. After reading more reviews, we've
noticed a few complaints about vibrations and soot on the balcony.
Has anyone had an aft cabin and should I be worried about soot.
Should I bring a broom....?

Thanks in advance for the info,
Jim

Cruising Chrissy February 6th, 2004 02:55 PM

On 6 Feb 2004 01:44:38 -0800, (Jim Follas) wrote:

My wife and I have booked an aft balcony cabin(#6262)on the Carnival
Pride next month. We always enjoyed the view from the back and liked
the idea of an extended balcony. After reading more reviews, we've
noticed a few complaints about vibrations and soot on the balcony.
Has anyone had an aft cabin and should I be worried about soot.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q54832257

Should I bring a broom....?

Is your wife a witch?

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6

Milli276 February 6th, 2004 05:03 PM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

we've
noticed a few complaints about vibrations and soot on the balcon

We were on the Pride in July had a balcony rm 8123 forward. The whole ship had
a vibration even while docked although not as much as when sailing. Enjoy your
cruise.

BRENTSTELL February 6th, 2004 06:55 PM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

i have sailed on the Pride in a Midship Balcony cabin, No major virbrations.
I also sailed on the Spirit suite # 6260 & Suite # 4227. I am sailing on the
Legend Mar. 20, 2004 in suite # 6329. I think the rear cabins are the best on
the ship.

Brent

Linsifer February 7th, 2004 12:23 AM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

No, a chimney sweep.

~Lindsay

CC wrote regarding soot on the balcony:

Should I bring a broom....?

Is your wife a witch?

Cruising Chrissy February 7th, 2004 01:22 AM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

LOL.

===========

On 07 Feb 2004 00:23:38 GMT, (Linsifer) wrote:

No, a chimney sweep.

~Lindsay

CC wrote regarding soot on the balcony:

Should I bring a broom....?

Is your wife a witch?

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6

Shazinz February 7th, 2004 08:49 AM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

I had an aft cabin on the Legend. We didn't have soot. the cabin was awesome.
Bring a bungee cord to keep the door open.

Shaz

*muffin* February 7th, 2004 11:34 AM

"Shazinz" wrote in message
I had an aft cabin on the Legend. We didn't have soot. the cabin was

awesome.
Bring a bungee cord to keep the door open.

& a magnet to put against the sensor on the door frame,.Some ships have
these sensors which when opened shuts off the air conditioning in the room.
wonderful aft cabins on the legend, my only complaint is there seemed to be
a lot of wind at times(on all our aft cabin stays), but this could be only
the corner cabins that get that.

Muffin has their 4th aft cabin booked

Bill Warnock February 7th, 2004 09:08 PM

Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

Jim... During Christmas on the Pride... I had a Cat. 11... the very
last one on the port aft side... consequently I can't comment on the
residue from the stacks or whatever. There was some minor vibrations
that I didn't experience when I had a midship booking with her a
couple months before. Heading home we hit some pretty rough seas
which were felt being located in the aft area... which was
understandable... considering my cabin location.

I had a cabin/balcony on the stern of the Star Princess and enjoyed
the change of scenery "riding on the rear".

Also... so far I am very impressed with the Pride and its crew. I
think you will enjoy this vessel.

Best regards

Bill