TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Advice needed: independant travel Zambia (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=158824)

Marc & Angelique October 4th, 2009 04:15 PM

Advice needed: independant travel Zambia

Hello,

W' re planning a trip to Zambia.
Would like advice on car rental (4x4 camp equip. incl.), do & don'ts,
camping IN the Parks and other tips.
Anyone with recent experience to share info is apreciated.

Best regards

Marc & Angelique
Netherlands

Rob Keulemans November 3rd, 2009 01:07 PM

Advice needed: independant travel Zambia

Marc / Angelique ,
we have been traveling in Zambia on our own the last 3 years and that has
been no problem at all. Only car hire is not that advanced as in other East/
southern African countries yet but it is starting. You might try Hensons
Used Car Sales and Rentals
Plot No.10489 Manchinchi Road, Olympia, behind Manda Hill Lusaka Tel:
292227 Fax: 294624 or else just search the web. www.4x4hireafrica.com is
another one.
Camping is easy and good . You cannot camp inside South Luangwa but that is
not really necessary because there are a number of camping sites just at the
entrance to the national park in Mfuwe. We like Wildlife camp. You can camp
in Kafue national park different sites, also in Lusaka there are 2 good camp
sites from where the shopping can be done.

Rob , the Netherlands

"Marc & Angelique" MaandotMichelsathetnetdotnl schreef in bericht
Hello,

W' re planning a trip to Zambia.
Would like advice on car rental (4x4 camp equip. incl.), do & don'ts,
camping IN the Parks and other tips.
Anyone with recent experience to share info is apreciated.

Best regards

Marc & Angelique
Netherlands

europe_lovers November 7th, 2009 07:17 AM

All you have to do is go to your college. You can get either a diploma or a degree, but a degree will better help you to achieve this. I am a travel agent and I graduated in December with my degree. It takes about 2 years, depending on how much time you put into it and how many classes you take. If you want to, you can try to do it between 6 months and a year if you can, but it will be very hard. It will cost you about $10,000 for everything, tuition, books, classes everything. Apply for scholarships, especially if you had great grades in high school. I kept a 4.0 GPA throughout my academic history, and scholarships and grants got me through college and whatever was left over was like a gift, to do as you wish with. I must have gotten refunds of up to $3000 in that first year. It's easy, just apply for Financial Aid. Good luck and I wish you well. You can do it. If I was able to, you most certainly can.