TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   seeking cheap hotel near piraeus-athens airport metro line (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=53829)

didds December 23rd, 2004 03:12 PM

seeking cheap hotel near piraeus-athens airport metro line

hi - simple query :-)

family of five, that due to irreconcilable differences between airline
and ferry timetables (:-) will need to spenfd a night in athens prior
to flying home, in summer of 2005.

Seeking a cheap, quiet, clean hotel (3 children under 10 years) close
to the piraeus-airport metro line.

any recommendations?

cheap is a relative term I appreciate ... so just tell me what _you_
know and I can decide if that is cheap:-)
many many thanks in advance

ian

BruceB December 23rd, 2004 04:58 PM

"didds" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi - simple query :-)

family of five, that due to irreconcilable differences between airline
and ferry timetables (:-) will need to spenfd a night in athens prior
to flying home, in summer of 2005.

Seeking a cheap, quiet, clean hotel (3 children under 10 years) close
to the piraeus-airport metro line.

any recommendations?

cheap is a relative term I appreciate ... so just tell me what _you_
know and I can decide if that is cheap:-)
many many thanks in advance

I would think just about anywhere in the Plaka would be convenient, since
you can get the Metro at Monastiraki.

Also, the Plaka is a great location. We've stayed at the Acropolis View and
it's pretty plain, but not expensive. We have decided to pop for something
better and stay at the Electra Palace next time and the heck with the money.
Also in the Plaka.

My favorite source for info on Athens is Matt Barrett's site at
www.greecetravel.com. Looks like Matt's favorite now is the Attalos Hotel
about 2 blocks from the Monastiraki station for around Euro 100 w/o
breakfast for a triple..

Hope this helps you.
Bruce

BruceB December 25th, 2004 05:56 PM

We've also stayed in the Acropolis House, another great location and good
value.

BruceB December 25th, 2004 05:56 PM

We've also stayed in the Acropolis House, another great location and good
value.

BruceB December 25th, 2004 08:47 PM

for this classic holiday feast.
Although time consuming, this dish seems to take longer than it actually does;
as the entire house is filled with such a heavenly aroma,
the waiting becomes almost unbearable.

1 whole child, cleaned and de-headed
1 batch cornbread stuffing (see index)
½ cup melted butter

Remove the giblets from the infant and set aside.
Stuff the cavity where the child?s genitals and anus were located
using ½ cup per pound of meat.
Tie the arms flat to the body, then pull the skin flaps up to close the cavity.
Now tie the thighs up tight to hold it all together.
Place breast side up in a large metal roasting pan.
Bake in 325° oven covered for 2 hours.
Remove cover, stick a cooking thermometer deep into one of the
baby?s buttocks and cook uncovered till thermometer reads 190°,
about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy.
The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an