TravelBanter

-   Travel - anything else not covered (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   From Las Vegas to the closest part of the Grand Canyon by car??? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28985)

Maxrubin September 23rd, 2003 04:03 PM

From Las Vegas to the closest part of the Grand Canyon by car???

Hello...

I'll be visiting Las Vegas soon, by car,and want to make sure to drive by and
see the Grand Canyon. But, I know that's a big place, and I want to find the
best route to the closest part of the Grand Canyon. If anyone has done this
route before, would love to hear from you. If possible, please reply to my
email address instead (or in addition to) this newsgroup.

My email is "maxrubin[at]aol.com"

wayne dooley October 12th, 2003 02:42 AM

From Las Vegas to the closest part of the Grand Canyon by car???

Not quite what you asked, but if there's any way possible, take this trip by
helicopter. We did this a few years back, taking the afternoon flight out.
It goes over the Hoover Dam, puts down on the floor if the canyon for a
while, with champagne, then flies back for a beautiful view of the strip
(esp. the Luxor light) on return. It's about $225 per person, but a once in
a lifetime experience.

wayne