TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Americans taken Hostage in Nairobi 12-14-2006?? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103454)

-Gar http://coltonmotorexpress.blogspot.com/ January 6th, 2007 03:49 AM

Americans taken Hostage in Nairobi 12-14-2006??

I am trying to research a local news article of a couple claiming to be
held hostage at the New Hillcrest Hotel, in Nairobi, Kenya on
12-14-2006. The source given for the article said no Americans
frequented this hotel. The source article does not mention any
Americans involved. Yet this couple comes back here to Redding Ca and
claims they were held hostage. They are on the front page of our local
paper.

Here is the url for the source of the article

https://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=60560

Here is the article as it appeared in our local paper.

http://www.redding.com/news/2006/dec...-held-hostage/

It's hard for me to imagine there would be no reporting of the
Americans being a part of this hostage taking/heist. I have emailed
the source article but have not heard from them. I can find absolutely
nothing else on the web about this hostage taking.

Can any of you verify this hostage situation? TIA. -Gar

Pat Anderson January 6th, 2007 09:44 AM

Americans taken Hostage in Nairobi 12-14-2006??

In message .com,
"-Gar http://coltonmotorexpress.blogspot.com/"
writes
[...]

Gar,
an incredible story! I`m not an American but will be interested to
see if anyone does verify the story, I note the American embassy are
quoted in the article so perhaps it is a true story, unfortunately
robberies are common in Nairobi. The couple make some strange statements
though and in the photo it looks like the Norfolk Hotel, I`m sure I`ve
seen the sofa and pictures before!
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson