TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Vagabond Inn Hollywood, California (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=63364)

Lowell April 1st, 2005 10:19 PM

Vagabond Inn Hollywood, California

Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

David Bennetts April 1st, 2005 11:13 PM

"Lowell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

No, but there are five reviews on www.tripadvisor.com
I'd be a bit wary of red cockroaches and bedbugs.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

David Bennetts April 1st, 2005 11:13 PM

"Lowell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

No, but there are five reviews on www.tripadvisor.com
I'd be a bit wary of red cockroaches and bedbugs.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

David Bennetts April 1st, 2005 11:30 PM

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"Lowell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

No, but there are five reviews on www.tripadvisor.com
I'd be a bit wary of red cockroaches and bedbugs.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Sorry, there are only three reviews of that particular establishment.
Tripadvisor has a glitch which shows five Vagabonds, two of which are quite
favourable, but are not the Hollywood location. The Hollywood Vagabond is
rated very poorly.

Regards

David Bennetts

David Bennetts April 1st, 2005 11:30 PM

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"Lowell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

No, but there are five reviews on www.tripadvisor.com
I'd be a bit wary of red cockroaches and bedbugs.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Sorry, there are only three reviews of that particular establishment.
Tripadvisor has a glitch which shows five Vagabonds, two of which are quite
favourable, but are not the Hollywood location. The Hollywood Vagabond is
rated very poorly.

Regards

David Bennetts

[email protected] April 3rd, 2005 01:41 AM

Lowell wrote:
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

This is a wonderful motel. Hourly rates and discounts if you don't
dirty the towels. Crack cocaine is available just outside of your room,
no need to search for a supply. Dressing up as a prostitute will not
raise an eyebrow, even if you are a football player sized man. The
sheets are vintage Hollywood. You might be sleeping in the same bedding
the Black Dahlia was murdered in. All the romance that is Hollywood.

Stayed in the Vagabond several years ago when my Hollywood apartment
was being fumigated. Awoke the next morning to find my purse on the
other side of the room and emptied of money and credit cards. True
true.

Hollywood is best seen from inside a locked moving automobile. The
only thing on the blvd. is t-shirt shops and dingy coffee shops. Lived
and worked in Hollywood for years and never saw anyone famous on
Hollywood Blvd. The Chinese Theater is worth a look but the rest is
scary.

If you must stay in Hollywood, stay in an upscale hotel.

Universal Studios has an area called Universal city. It is a
recreation of the Hollywood you think is the real Hollywood. It's free
and there are some decent restaurants and entertaining street
performers.

alohacyberian April 3rd, 2005 09:28 AM

Vagabond Inn is a great place for street walkers and hookers to take their
"clients" and has reasonable prices. It's fairly safe as pimps do want to
protect their "employees" and would, therefore, by proxy, protect you in the
bargain. But, if you insist on staying in Hollywood and aren't interested in
mixing with the denizens of the demimonde, you might want to spend a little
extra $ and stay in the Holiday Inn or the Roosevelt Hotel. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect
"Lowell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

lilacjennifer April 4th, 2005 04:08 AM

When we stayed in L.A. it was at a Days Inn and if I remember it was on or
near Sunset Blvd. I do remember it was a very short walk to the Chinese
Theatre.

We were almost robbed while checking into another hotel about a mile away so
left there and found the more secure hotel for a good rate at the time.
This was five or six years ago. All guests had to come in through the lobby
and the parking garage had a security door you had to have a card to operate
to get in and out.

Jennifer

"Lowell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

lilacjennifer April 4th, 2005 04:08 AM

When we stayed in L.A. it was at a Days Inn and if I remember it was on or
near Sunset Blvd. I do remember it was a very short walk to the Chinese
Theatre.

We were almost robbed while checking into another hotel about a mile away so
left there and found the more secure hotel for a good rate at the time.
This was five or six years ago. All guests had to come in through the lobby
and the parking garage had a security door you had to have a card to operate
to get in and out.

Jennifer

oups.com...