TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4591)

George Moore October 1st, 2003 07:28 PM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

See http://rectravel.com/din/lacavesb.htm

Has anyone else visited these caves in the past five years? Updated
web sites about them are encouraged.

More links about travel on the old Ho Chi Minh Trail are on

http://rectravel.com/din

Enjoy your ride.

LDR October 2nd, 2003 01:38 PM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

George, I have visited one cave in Vang Vieng in May. The one across
the bridge, and it was nice. But they need to expand this cave so it
goes further.

(George Moore) wrote in message . com...
See
http://rectravel.com/din/lacavesb.htm

Has anyone else visited these caves in the past five years? Updated
web sites about them are encouraged.

More links about travel on the old Ho Chi Minh Trail are on

http://rectravel.com/din

Enjoy your ride.

George Moore October 2nd, 2003 04:55 PM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

HOLY ****E!

Peter has not only been there, he has a whole page of new pictures on
his site now. Note the picture of Souphanouvong's old house. See

http://homepage.mac.com/peterlaos/Pe...toAlbum29.html

(George Moore) wrote in message . com...
See
http://rectravel.com/din/lacavesb.htm

Has anyone else visited these caves in the past five years? Updated
web sites about them are encouraged.

More links about travel on the old Ho Chi Minh Trail are on

http://rectravel.com/din

Enjoy your ride.

Fisherman October 4th, 2003 05:04 AM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

Thank you George for the great pictures of Vieng Xai. From this very place
where the Pathet Lao engineered their revolution that led to the complete
control of the country in December 2, 1975.

Fisherman

integrisk October 7th, 2003 05:06 AM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

I too enjoyed the photo's that Peter had posted. And yes, in the last
five years, others have visited the other caves that are not posted...
Perhaps Peter can return and take some photo's. He did a brilliant job
and everything looks 'so nice'. sok dee

(George Moore) wrote in message . com...
HOLY ****E!

Peter has not only been there, he has a whole page of new pictures on
his site now. Note the picture of Souphanouvong's old house. See

http://homepage.mac.com/peterlaos/Pe...toAlbum29.html

(George Moore) wrote in message . com...
See
http://rectravel.com/din/lacavesb.htm

Has anyone else visited these caves in the past five years? Updated
web sites about them are encouraged.

More links about travel on the old Ho Chi Minh Trail are on

http://rectravel.com/din

Enjoy your ride.

SportChick November 21st, 2003 08:30 PM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

My husband and I visited a cave in Vang Vieng that had been discovered on 6
months earlier. It's a bit off the beaten track, but can be accessed from a
trail across the river (as with many of them). It was truly magnificent --
gigantic with beautiful formations throughout. AND due to the few visitors
so far, it was quite pristine. It was called Nang Oua. There are a few
photos (very amateur) on our website at:
http://www.kirkanddonna.com/rtw/Laos.htm#0409-1803

Cheers!
"LDR" wrote in message
om...
George, I have visited one cave in Vang Vieng in May. The one across
the bridge, and it was nice. But they need to expand this cave so it
goes further.

(George Moore) wrote in message

. com...
See
http://rectravel.com/din/lacavesb.htm

Has anyone else visited these caves in the past five years? Updated
web sites about them are encouraged.

More links about travel on the old Ho Chi Minh Trail are on

http://rectravel.com/din

Enjoy your ride.

George Moore November 25th, 2003 11:37 PM

Laos - Caves at Vieng Xai reviewed by Boris

Thanks for the page. Readers may see the whole of it on

http://www.kirkanddonna.com/rtw/Laos.htm

Note the boats at Houay Xai.

"SportChick" wrote in message et...
My husband and I visited a cave in Vang Vieng that had been discovered on 6
months earlier. It's a bit off the beaten track, but can be accessed from a
trail across the river (as with many of them). It was truly magnificent --
gigantic with beautiful formations throughout. AND due to the few visitors
so far, it was quite pristine. It was called Nang Oua. There are a few
photos (very amateur) on our website at:
http://www.kirkanddonna.com/rtw/Laos.htm#0409-1803

Cheers!
om...