TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   translation (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=91039)

oceanchelle June 7th, 2006 06:50 AM

translation

I am trying to book a ferry from Venice to Rovinj, Croatia - but I keep
getting "Rovigno." Are Rovigno and Rovinj the same city?

tile June 7th, 2006 06:56 AM

translation

"oceanchelle" ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
I am trying to book a ferry from Venice to Rovinj, Croatia - but I keep
getting "Rovigno." Are Rovigno and Rovinj the same city?

yes
it is the original italian name
this part of Croatia has been republic of Vencie for a few centuries and
Italy till 1945

oceanchelle June 7th, 2006 07:04 AM

translation

I see. Thanks!