TravelBanter

-   Backpacking and Budget travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   From India to Brazil (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=135665)

Ricardo[_2_] April 10th, 2008 07:39 AM

From India to Brazil

Hi,

I've been living in India for a year now and I'm planning a trip back
to Brazil, my home country. My wish is to find a good balance between
cheap prices and 1 or 2 worthwhile stopovers (i have only 10 days
available).

So far, the only feasible option I found is to take an Emirates flight
with a stopover in Dubai. The price for a one-way ticket is around US$
900. I tried through the pacific and there are cheap flights until
Australia or New Zealand (For example, Tiger Airways or Jetstar Asia)
but I cannot find any flight cheaper than US$ 2000 (one way) from
there to the west coast of South America.

The classical option is to go through Europe but I've done that
already a couple of times. Through South Africa is also very
expensive.

Any other ideas? Do you know any other cheap airlines other than those
3 that I've mentioned here?

Thanks,
Ricardo