TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Is cruising suitable for teens? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=181442)

Air[_2_] September 10th, 2014 12:21 PM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

Joshu September 10th, 2014 05:58 PM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

Depending what cruiseline you pick, most of the cruises have kids' program, but they're generally too old to a 11-year-old teen...

[email protected] September 10th, 2014 05:59 PM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 04:21:51 -0700 (PDT), Air
wrote:

I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

I am only famaliar with carnival and I can tell you that if you go on
one of the larger ships your child will not be bored. If you go during
the school season there will not be many other children there so it
may seem boring for him. but when school is out there can be as many
as 800 children on a ship and they have things like camp carnival,
water slides, arcades, libraries

RayC September 11th, 2014 02:11 AM

On 9/10/2014 4:21 AM, Air wrote:
I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

It is really cruise line and time frame dependent but, in general, there
is something for all ages to do on most of the bigger lines. Of course,
Disney has the most for kids of all ages. But I have also seen teen
"clubs" on Carnival, Norwegian, Princess, Holland America and Royal
Caribbean (the only ones I have gone on so far).

On top of that, there are usually activities planned that are for
families so you can have fun with your teen as your own group.

Not to be insulting ... some kids get bored at an amusement park
because, well, that's just the way they are. So if your kid is fun
loving and outgoing, there should be NO reason for him/her to get bored.
If you have an Emo kid, a cruise ship won't fix him/her.

Just plan on having fun and hope that your teen has fun too.

Bill[_1_] September 11th, 2014 04:53 AM

On 9/10/2014 7:21 AM, Air wrote:
I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

Since when did 11 year olds become teens?

Chill September 11th, 2014 06:36 AM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

Joshu於 2014年9月11日星期四UTC+8上午12時58分06 寫道:
Depending what cruiseline you pick, most of the cruises have kids' program, but they're generally too old to a 11-year-old teen...

Agree, but some cruiseline has "kids cruise free", pretty good pricing.

[email protected] September 11th, 2014 12:25 PM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

Air於 2014年9月10日星期三UTC+8下午7時21分51秒 寫道:
I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

I knew kids under 13 is free on Costa Ship. I went onboard last year with 2 kids, sharing same cabin for a short-getaway. It's not bad.

[email protected] September 11th, 2014 12:26 PM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

Air於 2014年9月10日星期三UTC+8下午7時21分51秒 寫道:
I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

I knew kids under 13 is free on Costa Ship. I went onboard last year with 2 kids, sharing same cabin for a short-getaway. It's not bad.

[email protected] September 11th, 2014 03:02 PM

Is cruising suitable for teens?

於 2014年9月11日星期四UTC+8下午7時26分30秒 寫道:

Air於 2014年9月10日星期三UTC+8下午7時21分51秒 寫道:

I am planning a trip for my family including my 11-year-old kid .. Will they be bored onboard ?

I knew kids under 13 is free on Costa Ship. I went onboard last year with 2 kids, sharing same cabin for a short-getaway. It's not bad.

How come!!!isn't it too awesome?!?!?!?!?!
Reli worth from it!