TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   8 deck upgrade with a price decrease in addition! (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=179678)

Jeff Gersten March 24th, 2013 02:07 PM

8 deck upgrade with a price decrease in addition!

We booked a Carnival cruise before the incident with the Triumph and
other ships.

After seeing a post about a price drop in our cruisecritic roll call, I
e-mailed our TA. He e-mailed back letting us know of an $80 per person
price drop, and he'd send us a new invoice.

A few weeks later, I saw several post in the Carnival section of
cruisecritic concerning price drops this summer. I e-mailed our TA
again.

Several days later, he called.He first apologized for not responding to
my e-mail sooner. He said he was swamped with requests for Carnival
price drops. He said he was working until 3 or 4 in the morning and
would be on hold (doing his paperwork) with Carnival for 2 hours at a
time.

He then said Carnival was offering us an upgrade. Did we want it? He
said the new location was also good (i.e. not above or below or by
something noisy) and we'd also get a $35 per person price drop with it.

We took it, and have now moved from the Main deck to the Panorama deck
on the Freedom.

I do feel for our TA who is now working extra hard while I'm sure his
commissions are only dropping!