TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Money around Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4340)

Chris Blunt September 10th, 2003 04:43 PM

Money around Asia

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:01:17 GMT, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:48:54 +0100, the renowned Chris Blunt
wrote:

Because, as I said, the thief took everything from the hotel room,
including the receipts for the cheques. Amex wouldn't give me a refund
unless I could provide details of the serial numbers. That was the
last time I ever wasted money buying travellers cheques.

Couldn't you trace down the serial numbers when you got back? From
where you bought them, even? When I used to use T/C I would leave a
copy of the S/N at home. There might be some confusion over which were
legitimately spent, but that's it.

They were left over cheques which I'd bought long ago, and
unfortunately I didn't have any records of where or when I'd purchased
the ones that were stolen.