TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Landed Immigrant - US Travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=59524)

[email protected] February 15th, 2005 09:18 PM

Landed Immigrant - US Travel

hi :)
I have the status of a landed immigrant in Canada. I have an American
Visa that is valid for the next 10 years. In the notes of the visa it
says "Landed Immigrant in Canada". Does this mean that i have to
present my PR Card when i travel from Canada to the US? Can i travel
from another country directly to the us and if i can do i have to have
my PR Card with me?
Thanks in Advance
Best regards
Joni

PeterL February 15th, 2005 09:28 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
hi :)
I have the status of a landed immigrant in Canada. I have an American
Visa that is valid for the next 10 years. In the notes of the visa it
says "Landed Immigrant in Canada". Does this mean that i have to
present my PR Card when i travel from Canada to the US? Can i travel
from another country directly to the us and if i can do i have to have
my PR Card with me?
Thanks in Advance
Best regards
Joni

For this kind of question, ask at your nearest US consulate. I wouldn't
trust anything I hear from an ng.

Hatunen February 16th, 2005 12:10 AM

On 15 Feb 2005 13:18:44 -0800, wrote:

hi :)
I have the status of a landed immigrant in Canada. I have an American
Visa that is valid for the next 10 years. In the notes of the visa it
says "Landed Immigrant in Canada". Does this mean that i have to
present my PR Card when i travel from Canada to the US? Can i travel
from another country directly to the us and if i can do i have to have
my PR Card with me?
Thanks in Advance
Best regards
Joni

No one can answer that quesiton unless we know what passport you
usually travel on. I used to be a landed Immigrant in Canada, but
I was an American citizen, and didn't need a visa.

But consider that when travelling between two other countries on
a visa you still need a passport. If your passport is not
Canadian, how are you going to justify the visa?

[email protected] February 23rd, 2005 10:12 PM

Several years ago my spouse was US Permanent Resident. She did not
need visa to visit Canada or Mexico; the US has (had?) agreements with
Canada and Mexico that US PR did not need visa for either country
(transiting the mutual border). I presume US - Canada have mutual
agreement that Canada Landed Immigrant does not need visa for US (when
arriving from Canada).

Call US consulate in Canada or try to visit website for current rules.