TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Magellan Observatory (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58173)

RH January 31st, 2005 02:46 PM

Magellan Observatory

Has anyone on this group visited/stayed at this place (
http://home.goulburn.net.au/~magellan/ ) just out of Goulburn, NSW, and if
so, can they share their experience?

Regards
Rolf Hegerberg

Keith Sayers February 7th, 2005 11:58 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:46:29 +0100, "RH"
wrote:

Has anyone on this group visited/stayed at this place (
http://home.goulburn.net.au/~magellan/ ) just out of Goulburn, NSW, and if
so, can they share their experience?

Dear Rolf,

Seems you are not getting many responses! I do not know the
observatory but Lake Bathurst is a small village on the railway line
running south from Goulburn to Canberra. It is just north of the
bigger village of Tarago. But judging from the address - Covan Creek
Road - I think they may be some distance out from the village.
Presumably that would be good for star-viewing.

A bit further south is a Mills Cross radio telescope which is, I
think, operated by Sydney University. If I pass by that way I will
try to look for it.
Keith Sayers, Canberra, Australia
Mail : 6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615