TravelBanter

-   Travel - anything else not covered (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Special Notice: 31 Days for PEACE THROUGH TOURISM in 2004 (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29148)

mendicott.com November 26th, 2003 01:48 PM

Special Notice: 31 Days for PEACE THROUGH TOURISM in 2004

31 Days for PEACE THROUGH TOURISM in 2004

green-travel members,

Yesterday, while crossing the Amazon delta by riverboat
from Belem-Para to Macapa-Amapa around Marajo Island, I
decided to do something I´ve never done before.

I am calling for 31 days of discussion in the
green-travel group on the feasibility of a global boycott
on travel and tourism to communities hosting significant
commercial arms production, including handguns,
landmines, and significant components of weapons of mass
destruction.

This is not yet a call for boycott; this is an invitation
to all interested parties to participate in 31 days of
discussion, from 01 December to 31 December 2003, in the
green-travel group at http://www.green-travel.com .

I ask all 617 green-travel members to help spread this
message to travel and tourism, peace and other relevant
channels of any kind including media effective
immediately. Please translate this request into other
languages and re-post to the green-travel group and
elsewhere. (This request expires 01 January 2004.)

Peace on Earth,

Marcus L. Endicott, Founder & Contact
http://www.mendicott.com

31 Days for PEACE THROUGH TOURISM in 2004

Global Boycott on Travel and Tourism to Communities
Hosting Significant Commercial Arms Production

Time:
01 December to 31 December 2003

Place:
http://www.green-travel.com