TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Spring Break (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58507)

Cruise Newbie February 4th, 2005 05:27 PM

Spring Break

I would like to go on cruise in Mar or Apr. When would be a good time
to avoid the spring break rush ???
Thanks.

Brian K February 5th, 2005 07:34 AM

On 02/04/2005 12:27 PM Cruise Newbie wrote:

I would like to go on cruise in Mar or Apr. When would be a good time
to avoid the spring break rush ???
Thanks.

Go on Crystal or Raddison. Spring Breakers won't be on board as mommy
and daddy can't afford such expensive ships. ;-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

LeeNY February 5th, 2005 02:45 PM

Cruise Newbie wrote:
I would like to go on cruise in Mar or Apr. When would be a good time
to avoid the spring break rush ???
Thanks.

To avoid spring break rush? Go anytime other than March or April.

But seriously, at the least, go at the very beginning of March or
towards the latter half of April. Easter is March 27 this year...kind
of early. So I would think Spring breaks would finish up by the 3rd of
April, but let's say the 10th, just to be safe.

Lee

Cathy Kearns February 5th, 2005 07:21 PM

"LeeNY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cruise Newbie wrote:
I would like to go on cruise in Mar or Apr. When would be a good time
to avoid the spring break rush ???
Thanks.

To avoid spring break rush? Go anytime other than March or April.

But seriously, at the least, go at the very beginning of March or
towards the latter half of April. Easter is March 27 this year...kind
of early. So I would think Spring breaks would finish up by the 3rd of
April, but let's say the 10th, just to be safe.

Lee

Spring break at my kids' schools is April 18th to April 22nd. Those schools
that take Presidents/ski week off in Feb tend to push Spring break to late
April.

Stevecruise26NOT February 5th, 2005 10:45 PM

Spring break at my kids' schools is April 18th to April 22nd. Those schools
that take Presidents/ski week off in Feb tend to push Spring break to late
April.

In Broward County, FL, (FLL) Spring break is March 17th to 27th.

Steve in FLL---will avoid WDW for a month!!!

Dillon Pyron February 6th, 2005 03:43 AM

Thus spake Brian K :

On 02/04/2005 12:27 PM Cruise Newbie wrote:

I would like to go on cruise in Mar or Apr. When would be a good time
to avoid the spring break rush ???
Thanks.

Go on Crystal or Raddison. Spring Breakers won't be on board as mommy
and daddy can't afford such expensive ships. ;-)

Actually, mommy and daddy probably ARE on one of them, to avoid
running into the kids.

--
dillon

"When the French are against it, you know we can't
be far wrong." - Adm. Bobbie Ray Inman

Thomas Smith February 6th, 2005 07:00 AM

It is actually pretty easy to spot spring break. Look at any on-line travel
agency's quotes for the months of March and April for any week-long or less
cruise. When the prices are higher, that is spring break.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

"Cruise Newbie" wrote in message
I would like to go on cruise in Mar or Apr. When would be a good time
to avoid the spring break rush ???
Thanks.

Becca February 6th, 2005 02:52 PM

Stevecruise26NOT wrote:

In Broward County, FL, (FLL) Spring break is March 17th to 27th.

Steve in FLL---will avoid WDW for a month!!!

In my corner of Texas, Spring Break is March 19th to 27th.

Becca -----does not travel during Spring Break...