TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Easier Air Travel Ahead (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=145643)

Jean O'Boyle October 29th, 2008 10:59 PM

Easier Air Travel Ahead

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ictions_lifted

Babie October 29th, 2008 11:46 PM

Easier Air Travel Ahead

"Jean O'Boyle"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ictions_lifted

Interesting. I know it explains parts of it here, but I wonder why it's
taking so long... I mean, it didn't take them anytime to change TO the 3oz
limit.

I also wonder if/how this will affect alcohol purchases from cruise ships.
Will it still have to be repacked into checked bags or can it be carried
onto the plane in those nifty little boxes the cruise lines provide. I
suppose we'll find out in 2 years LOL.

The main reason I'm looking forward to this is that it will pretty much
eliminate any need for a checked bag (for me) as I've managed to get my
cruise packing into an art form (One small carry on for an 11 day cruise)...
But it's hard to find travel sized bottles of my favorite lotion and other
things. This will mean I can take regular sized bottles in my carry on and
will have no need to check bags at all.

LES!

Dillon Pyron[_2_] October 30th, 2008 03:04 AM

Easier Air Travel Ahead

[Default] Thus spake "Jean O'Boyle"
:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ictions_lifted

I assume you read my comments.

Dillon Pyron[_2_] October 30th, 2008 03:06 AM

Easier Air Travel Ahead

[Default] Thus spake "Babie" :

"Jean O'Boyle"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ictions_lifted

Interesting. I know it explains parts of it here, but I wonder why it's
taking so long... I mean, it didn't take them anytime to change TO the 3oz
limit.

I also wonder if/how this will affect alcohol purchases from cruise ships.
Will it still have to be repacked into checked bags or can it be carried
onto the plane in those nifty little boxes the cruise lines provide. I
suppose we'll find out in 2 years LOL.

I get the impression that wine may be okay, but not hard liquor.

The main reason I'm looking forward to this is that it will pretty much
eliminate any need for a checked bag (for me) as I've managed to get my
cruise packing into an art form (One small carry on for an 11 day cruise)...
But it's hard to find travel sized bottles of my favorite lotion and other
things. This will mean I can take regular sized bottles in my carry on and
will have no need to check bags at all.

We buy bottles from REI for our various stuff.

LES!