TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hong Kong - YMCA Salisbury or Bishop Lei - Hong Kong Island (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7063)

Rick June 6th, 2004 04:19 PM

Hong Kong - YMCA Salisbury or Bishop Lei - Hong Kong Island

I have been quoted fairly reasonable rates for a week-long stay at both
hotels. If staying in a suite, on an upper floor, with a full harbour view,
which hotel would be the best? I've read most of the reviews. I have
never stayed at the Bishop Lei, which is reasonably ranked for value. I
went for the suite, since HK hotel rooms are notoriously small and too
confining for a stay of nine days, even if the room is basically used for
sleeping. Both locations have their merits. Thanks in advance.

rg

Chris Blunt June 6th, 2004 05:22 PM

Hong Kong - YMCA Salisbury or Bishop Lei - Hong Kong Island

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:19:51 -0700, "Rick"
wrote:

I have been quoted fairly reasonable rates for a week-long stay at both
hotels. If staying in a suite, on an upper floor, with a full harbour view,
which hotel would be the best? I've read most of the reviews. I have
never stayed at the Bishop Lei, which is reasonably ranked for value. I
went for the suite, since HK hotel rooms are notoriously small and too
confining for a stay of nine days, even if the room is basically used for
sleeping. Both locations have their merits. Thanks in advance.

Given the choice, I would definitely stay at the YMCA because of its
better location. The Bishop Lei is a reasonable hotel, but being up in
mid-levels requires that bit of extra time and effort getting to and
from the hotel.

Chris