TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Left-wing terrorism Scares Away the Tourists Europe Was CountingOn (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182311)

Dänk 42Ø[_6_] August 2nd, 2016 06:40 PM

Left-wing terrorism Scares Away the Tourists Europe Was CountingOn

On 08/02/2016 05:28 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/bu...urope-economy-
gdp-terrorism.html?_r=1

PARIS � The shocks have come one after another: Islamic State killings of
civilians in Brussels and Nice. A deadly outburst of terrorism in Germany.
A fresh terror-linked atrocity in a small French town. Warnings abound
that more may be on the way.

I just returned from Europe and was in Berlin when the Nice attack
occurred. Everyone was in shock and on edge, but the place
remained flooded with tourists.

Statistically, you are still more likely to be hit by a meteor than
killed in a terrorist attack. Popular tourist zones are large and
it's hard to kill too many people with an ordinary bomb or gun --
though the truck attack approach seems to work very well in this
situation.

Even average Muslims are getting fed up with this because it makes
them look so bad. I ate at several kebap restaurants and the Muslim
cook didn't try to kill me (his restaurant even sold beer). Last
year in Munich I saw a number of Muslim women in veils, but this
year they seemed to stick to just headscarves.