TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=97230)

Äz¦Ì¶º September 12th, 2006 05:23 AM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location to
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

Landlord September 12th, 2006 06:02 AM

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location to
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that lavendar is
spelt lavender. Might be of some help.

Äz¦Ì¶º September 25th, 2006 07:18 AM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

I went to Bowral for the Tulips recently but I am after wild flowers. Any
hint?

- alex

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location to
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that lavendar is

Geoff Lillico September 25th, 2006 08:07 AM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

This site may help

http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/mount_annan_botanic_garden

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location to
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that lavendar
is

Äz¦Ì¶º September 26th, 2006 02:05 AM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

Thanks. This is very good. I am also interested to see large fields of
flowers, eg. lavender fields, sunflower fields, others. Got any idea?

- Alex

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location to
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that lavendar
is

Ross[_1_] September 28th, 2006 11:23 PM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

As far as I am aware Lavender is grown commercially i.e. you will find
Lavender on farms. It is not a native plant and does not thrive here.

Likewise, sunflowers, although they will grow wild, are more a commercial
crop. They are grown extensively on the west of the Darling Downs in Qld
e.g. around Mitchell.

I have no idea where you would find them in NSW but Lavender is grown
commercially in many places and in many back yards (including ours).

Ross

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that
lavendar
is

kiwi October 1st, 2006 11:19 AM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

sunflowers are grown for there oil around the central highlands of
Queenslands emerald Capella clermont

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that
lavendar
is

Leethal October 3rd, 2006 08:31 AM

Äz¦Ì¶º wrote:
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location to
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

Hi Alex,

Tasmania has the worlds largest commercial lavender oil, French
Lavender farm. Situated in the North East of our island state. The
best time to visit to see the full colour and the working distillery is
in late December through to mid Jan. The Bridestowe Estate has a web
site http://www.bridestowe.com.au/ with all the info. There are day
tours to the site run by a local company
http://www.tigerwilderness.com.au/

Tasmania has the perfect climate for this French vatiety which has been
established for 50 years or so.

Cheers

Lee

Äz¦Ì¶º October 6th, 2006 12:16 PM

Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

say, if I am after extensive "sea" of wilder flowers, what will they be? And
where are they? (prefer NSW, I live in Syd)

- Alex

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that
lavendar
is

¦b³o¸Ì§ä§Ú§a¡G
http://webnews.nntp.hk/interest.travel.hrt