TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   "The Australian Irrigation Colonies" (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7192)

John HG Tinker September 13th, 2003 06:51 AM

"The Australian Irrigation Colonies"

Hi

I'm travelling to Australia later in the year and will be bringing with me a
copy of the book "The Australian Irrigation Colonies". I would like to find
a library/museum that I could donate this to, does anyone have any
suggestions?

thanks

Tony Bailey September 13th, 2003 07:19 AM

"John HG Tinker" wrote in message
I'm travelling to Australia later in the year and will be bringing with me

copy of the book "The Australian Irrigation Colonies". I would like to

find
a library/museum that I could donate this to, does anyone have any
suggestions?

Is this the original edition or one of the reproductions?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury World Travel

John HG Tinker September 13th, 2003 09:53 AM

"The Australian Irrigation Colonies"

Hi

This is an original complete with letter from company in London dated 1890.

John

"Tony Bailey" wrote in message
"John HG Tinker" wrote in message
I'm travelling to Australia later in the year and will be bringing with

me
copy of the book "The Australian Irrigation Colonies". I would like to

find
a library/museum that I could donate this to, does anyone have any
suggestions?

Is this the original edition or one of the reproductions?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury World Travel
Mercury Travel Books

Daniel Bowen September 13th, 2003 03:29 PM

"The Australian Irrigation Colonies"

In that case it is likely to be historically significant, and I would
suggest the State Library in one of the capital city(ies) you're visiting,
or the National Library of Australia if you're going to Canberra.

--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

"John HG Tinker" wrote in message
Hi

This is an original complete with letter from company in London dated

1890.

John

"Tony Bailey" wrote in message
"John HG Tinker" wrote in message
I'm travelling to Australia later in the year and will be bringing

with
me
copy of the book "The Australian Irrigation Colonies". I would like to

find
a library/museum that I could donate this to, does anyone have any
suggestions?

Is this the original edition or one of the reproductions?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury World Travel
Mercury Travel Books

Hunter1 September 13th, 2003 06:14 PM

"The Australian Irrigation Colonies"

Perhaps because WA and the NT support the rest of the
country economically one of those 2 states should get it??? 8]

(Don't mind me, quite drunk and feel like winding up the
Eastern State leeches who sent their WTO protestors over
here today, **** it was funny seeing me and one other mate
disrupting their fun over and over, wasn't hard with their
pitiful numbers though.... What a laugh! "Sorry sir!" after
an "accidental" slam, not to mention the rest. I'll give
them one thing, they weren't easily provoked the pathetic
little pussies, which was a shame, we never got to play....)