TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   oosterdam transpacific (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=178054)

me home September 20th, 2012 07:51 PM

oosterdam transpacific

Oct 1 from Vancouver to Sydney Oct. 1 on the Oosterdam , what will the
sea conditions be then. Also will skype work on my ipad?

Janet Wilder September 21st, 2012 04:15 AM

oosterdam transpacific

On 9/20/2012 1:51 PM, me home wrote:

Oct 1 from Vancouver to Sydney Oct. 1 on the Oosterdam , what will the
sea conditions be then. Also will skype work on my ipad?

Since the majority of cruise ships use satellite internet which slows
down with more or heavier usage, many ships will block the use of Skype
as it uses a lot of bandwidth. Your best bet forusing it will be in the
wee hours of the night when you are likely to be the only passenger
using the internet.

Also, as you are paying a large chunk of money per minute, you might
consider using email only

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas