TravelBanter

-   Travel - anything else not covered (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jan 2010 travels (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=161836)

lorrwarr January 13th, 2010 10:08 AM

Jan 2010 travels

I am heading to Thailand on the 20th with some friends. The friends I
am going with can only go for a 2 week holiday but I would like to
travel on from Thailand to Austrailia and New Zealand (for approx 3
months altogether), but I have reservations about doing it alone. I am
quite outgoing and find it easy to talk to new people but I am still
finding this prospect daunting.
What I was considering is to not book my flight on to Australia until
last minute, in the hope that I will meet some people to travel with
while in Thailand. Is it madness to do this? i.e. will it cost alot
extra (obviously I will be able to be quite flexible with dates).