TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A Suite Question (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19340)

Just Me May 1st, 2004 08:14 PM

A Suite Question

I booked a suite for a recent stay at a leading hotel property and was quite
surprised by what I got. Anyone have a take on this???

Here is the room description as provided on the company's website.

Regal
510 sq ft suite with two connecting bedrooms, features a seating area and
bar. The Deluxe Regal Suite can accommodate up to 40 people for
hospitalities, and is ideal for small meetings.

Avenue
420 sq ft suite with two connecting bedrooms, features a seating area,
meeting table, desk, and bar. Nice for small, informal meetings up to 10
people, or hospitalities up to 25 people.

The room I got was far from these descriptions. In fact if you take off any
mention of any kind bedroom, that's the room I got. It was essentially the
suite without beds. There were no bedrooms, but a larger room with the
seating area, bar, and meeting table, with a drop down Murphy bed.

The connecting 2 bedrooms were no where to be found.

However, when I brought this up with the front desk, they said the 2
bedrooms were available for an additional charge.

No where in the description, nor in the reservation process, was there any
mention of an additional charge for the two connecting bedrooms that is
described in the description of the Avenue Suite.

What to do????

Any suggestions???

Thanks all!

Peter L May 2nd, 2004 12:24 AM

A Suite Question

"Just Me" none wrote in message
[...]

Challenge the payment on your credit card. File a complaint with the
attorney general of that state for fraudulent advertising.
Any suggestions???

Thanks all!

brenda May 2nd, 2004 05:14 PM

[...]

Write to Ombudsman & let the hotel know you are going to - this might
scare them into a refund, too. I know on hotel rates & cruise ship
brochures, whenever the additional bedrooms are not included in the
rate, it says "additional charge." If it didn't say this anywhere,
I'd say you have an excellent argument & deserve a refund. What hotel
was this? I'd like to see their room/rate descriptions.

Shawn Hearn May 5th, 2004 02:52 AM

A Suite Question

In article , "Just Me" none
wrote:

[...]

For one, why keep the name of this hotel a secret? Next, write to the
CEO and complain about the situation.