TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   One-way Car Rental from Barcelona to Biarritz, France? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9915)

Joel September 15th, 2003 04:38 PM

One-way Car Rental from Barcelona to Biarritz, France?

I'm getting slammed on drop-charges on a car hire from Barcelona, dropping
off in Biarritz.

Anyone have any suggestions of companies/methods of doing such a rental with
less than the 500 EUR drop-off charge?

Taking public transport is not an option, unfortunately.

Greg September 16th, 2003 04:41 AM

Joel wrote:
I'm getting slammed on drop-charges on a car hire from Barcelona, dropping
off in Biarritz.

Anyone have any suggestions of companies/methods of doing such a rental with
less than the 500 EUR drop-off charge?

Taking public transport is not an option, unfortunately.

On my last two rentals with Autoeurope and Europcar, I have
avoided the drop off charge because a car registered in the
destination country happened to be available. The first
occasion was from Zurich to Paris and the second time was
Vienna to Paris. This is just a matter of chance of course,
but I think you should have good odds of finding a French-registered
car in Barcelona. If you will be in Barcelona for a few days, and
are flexible about when you pick up the car,
you should call the local office as soon as you get there and
tell them what you want. A suitable car may turn up that they
can give you. No guarantees, however!

Joel September 16th, 2003 05:50 AM

One-way Car Rental from Barcelona to Biarritz, France?

Thanks for that tip.

It's a good one.