TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Killing Fields (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=171304)

Markku Grönroos[_2_] January 9th, 2011 06:54 AM

Killing Fields

Once again a mentally ill man shot by firearms at almost 20 people in
the USA. Many died. Amongst them a nine year old child. If the boy just
had had a gun in his hand he might have had a chance to protect himself
and the others by shooting down the *******. But no, he didn't carry a gun.

Guns must sell no matter how many innocent people must die for no good
reason. It is a good business. I don't believe it is good business for
the US travel industry.

mikeos January 12th, 2011 08:48 AM

Killing Fields

On 09/01/2011 06:54, Markku Grönroos wrote:
Once again a mentally ill man shot by firearms at almost 20 people in
the USA. Many died. Amongst them a nine year old child. If the boy just
had had a gun in his hand he might have had a chance to protect himself
and the others by shooting down the *******. But no, he didn't carry a gun.

Guns must sell no matter how many innocent people must die for no good
reason. It is a good business. I don't believe it is good business for
the US travel industry.

yes, considering that Arizona has the most liberal gun laws in the US,
it's surprising that everybody in the crowd didn't have a sixgun
strapped to their hips. They might have had a chance then!

MAS January 13th, 2011 12:43 AM

Killing Fields

On 1/12/2011 3:48 AM, mikeos wrote:
On 09/01/2011 06:54, Markku Grönroos wrote:
Once again a mentally ill man shot by firearms at almost 20 people in
the USA. Many died. Amongst them a nine year old child. If the boy just
had had a gun in his hand he might have had a chance to protect himself
and the others by shooting down the *******. But no, he didn't carry a
gun.

Guns must sell no matter how many innocent people must die for no good
reason. It is a good business. I don't believe it is good business for
the US travel industry.

yes, considering that Arizona has the most liberal gun laws in the US,
it's surprising that everybody in the crowd didn't have a sixgun
strapped to their hips. They might have had a chance then!

The crowd was filled with liberals, who don't believe in owning guns

mikeos January 13th, 2011 04:02 PM

Killing Fields

On 13/01/2011 00:43, MAS wrote:

Guns must sell no matter how many innocent people must die for no good
reason. It is a good business. I don't believe it is good business for
the US travel industry.

yes, considering that Arizona has the most liberal gun laws in the US,
it's surprising that everybody in the crowd didn't have a sixgun
strapped to their hips. They might have had a chance then!

The crowd was filled with liberals, who don't believe in owning guns

I am, of course, using the word "liberal" in accordance with its'
original dictionary definition:

"favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom
possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental
protection of civil liberties".

This would appear to be in line with Arizona's tolerant and permissive
attitude towards personal ownership of firearms.