TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Commonwealth (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=64049)

Henning Keutgen April 4th, 2005 11:00 PM

Commonwealth

Hi NG,
I´m a german student living in Aachen in Germany. My father is a british
citizen and I´m currently applying for an english passport so I have both
the german and the british.
I have a question concerning working and living in Australia or NZ or
generally in a country which is a member of the commonwealth as a british
citizen.
What I heard is that I can work and live in member countries without having
a special working permit or a visa something similar. I looked up Google but
didn´t find any significant information of what kind of rights my british
citizenship would give me in commonwealth countries.

Is there anybody out there who could give me some information on this?
Thanks,
Henning from Germany