TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=172084)

stonej April 8th, 2011 02:52 PM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight to
Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

DevilsPGD[_3_] April 8th, 2011 09:27 PM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

In message

someone claiming to be stonej typed:

An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight to
Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Business travelers, or business class tickets?

stonej April 9th, 2011 12:06 AM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

On Apr 8, 4:27*pm, DevilsPGD
wrote:
In message

someone claiming to be stonej typed:

An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight to
Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, *their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Business travelers, or business class tickets?

Not sure.

Bert Hyman April 9th, 2011 12:43 AM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

In

stonej wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:27*pm, DevilsPGD
wrote:
In message

someone claiming to be stonej typed:

An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight
to Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, *their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Business travelers, or business class tickets?

Not sure.

Well, what airline?

Given that, it should be simple to figure out.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

stonej April 9th, 2011 03:09 AM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

On Apr 8, 7:43*pm, Bert Hyman wrote:

stonej wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:27 pm, DevilsPGD
wrote:
In message

someone claiming to be stonej typed:

An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight
to Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Business travelers, or business class tickets?

Not sure.

Well, what airline?

Given that, it should be simple to figure out.

--
Bert Hyman * * *St. Paul, MN *

Sun Country

Brian[_1_] April 9th, 2011 04:24 AM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:27:14 -0700, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In message

someone claiming to be stonej typed:

An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight to
Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Business travelers, or business class tickets?

Sounds like business class. That would be common.

PeterL April 9th, 2011 05:09 AM

On Apr 8, 6:52*am, stonej wrote:
An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight to
Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, *their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Why not? You pay more for your ticket, you get more.

DevilsPGD[_3_] April 9th, 2011 07:03 AM

No baggage charge for business travelers - others must pay

In message

someone claiming to be PeterL typed:

On Apr 8, 6:52*am, stonej wrote:
An airline at my local airport just started offering a daily flight to
Reagan National airport
in Washington DC, *their radio ads are saying no baggage charge for
business travelers.

Is this a common practice with airlines to have two classes for
baggage charges?

Why not? You pay more for your ticket, you get more.

Business travelers don't pay more, but business class ticket holders do.
While there might be a bit of a likelihood of one group matching up with
the other, it's not a 1:1 relationship.