TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pre-cruise accommodation in Rio? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=172795)

AGW June 12th, 2011 03:57 AM

Pre-cruise accommodation in Rio?

Hi, all.

We are a group of 8. One paraplegic male, 47. All others all bodied,
70-77. We'll be on the Oceania Insignia Rio-to-Barcelona in March, 2012,
and we've all decided that we want to come into Rio a few days early. My
questions for you: places to stay? things to see? recommendations for
tour companies?

TIA.

Carol Eskra June 12th, 2011 08:51 PM

Pre-cruise accommodation in Rio?

I stayed at the Sheraton when I was in Rio. Very nice with a view of the
statue of Christ. Also took a boat ride to Pacatah island. Not sure of
the spelling, but a charming island with NO cars. Also took a
sightseeing tour and passed the slums of Brazil. Not a pretty site as it
was a terrible slum with many little children running around in rags.

Jean O'Boyle[_3_] June 12th, 2011 10:52 PM

Pre-cruise accommodation in Rio?

Carol,
Did you have to be immunized against yellow fever before going to Brazil? I
understand that is one of their prerequisites before entering that country.

--Jean

"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
I stayed at the Sheraton when I was in Rio. Very nice with a view of the
statue of Christ. Also took a boat ride to Pacatah island. Not sure of
the spelling, but a charming island with NO cars. Also took a
sightseeing tour and passed the slums of Brazil. Not a pretty site as it
was a terrible slum with many little children running around in rags.

maryrobinson January 18th, 2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean O'Boyle[_3_] (Post 1025213)
Carol,
Did you have to be immunized against yellow fever before going to Brazil? I
understand that is one of their prerequisites before entering that country.

No.. Brazil only requires people travel to brazil to have International Vaccination Certificate(immunized/vaccination from yellow fever) if they are from area where there is a risk for international spread of yellow fever.. :)