TravelBanter

-   Travel - anything else not covered (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Seeking Advice, Please (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=153987)

Neil Williams[_2_] May 25th, 2009 09:17 PM

Seeking Advice, Please

On Thu, 21 May 2009 13:49:50 +0100, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

Now here's another point. Make sure that the name you book the ticket in
is the same as the name in the passport. You may know your friend as
"Bill" but his passport will almost certainly then say "William". You may
also find that as part of the booking process you are asked for the passport
number, place and date of issue.

I got asked for visa details when trying (and failing, as it just
wouldn't accept any of my cards, even though my bank said they weren't
even trying an authorisation) to book a flight with Kingfisher
Airlines in India. Having given up, I then (successfully) booked the
same flight through Opodo, and wasn't asked for any such details...

Neil

--
Neil Williams