TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   South Side Chicago Motel (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17617)

David Wendt November 1st, 2003 03:35 AM

South Side Chicago Motel

About ten years ago, we visited a relative in a U of Chicago hospital,
and stayed at a chain motel not far away from the university, at a
decent rate for Chicago (a special rate for hospital visitors, I
know). While there, we visited the Museum of Science and Industry.

We'd like to visit the Museum again on an overnight trip, but I can't
remember the name of the motel (Best Western, Ramada, etc.) or find it
in my AAA book. Does anyone know the name of that motel near the
Museum?

Dennis McClendon November 1st, 2003 05:32 AM

South Side Chicago Motel

Does anyone know the name of that motel near the
Museum [of Science and Industry, Chicago]?

Ramada Inn Lake Shore, 4900 South Lake Shore Drive

Though the Ramada is only a mile away from the Museum of Science and
Industry, it's somewhat isolated from other Chicago attractions. It
might work out better to stay downtown, getting a good deal through
Priceline or hotrooms.com. The Museum is very quick and easy to reach
either by car or public transportation from downtown. The CTA buses 6,
10, or 28 run express from downtown almost to the Museum door. Metra
Electric train service is even faster, though it runs less frequently.