TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   NCl hawaii and stuff. (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=172703)

Susette June 3rd, 2011 03:13 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

Having been on 47 cruises, and having been on many of the cruise
lines. When it comes to Hawaii, the itinerary is the most important
and with that fact NCL has the best product to do the ISLANDS out
there, AMERICANS are the main employee so the service is not that of
what many "Cruisers" are accostumed too. But you get to see more of
Hawaii... no packing and unpacking over and over and running to
airport to puddle jump. Many people could not take all the seas days
of a 15 night although better ships, and it has alot of older people
on those sailings...If you do not mind that and just want to Cruise
then that is your ticket.

As far as Ships, Royal Caribbean. builds the most innovative beautiful
ships out there. I do not see any issues with Staterooms as theya re
well appointed and roomy enough to do what you need to do. their
shows are fantastic.

Carnival however gets a bad rap, they are not party ships any more
then any of the other lines on 7 night cruises. We went in December
and it gave us alot of bang for our buck, the food was very very good,
and the itinerary terrific. Not all the partying at all..

Now Holland America we went on the year prior and terrific Food, Very
nice staterooms, many old people but not as many as I thought would be
on there, Loved their Cooking forums. More laid back. more relaxing.
More intimate. Very nice cruise.

Of all my cruises and cruise lines, the BESt food overall was on the
Brittanis way back in 1984, which was Chandris Lines now Celebrity...
and the most dissappointing as far as Crew and food was Princess. I
have done a few and the crew not warm and fuzzy and the food has
declined alot.
But there is something for everyone out there.... Next Cruise Allure
of the Seas.. bigger not always better but this surely will be a FUN
cruise with great shows....

Just my take on things...

Susette
Cruise Outlets and Travel

[email protected] June 4th, 2011 03:23 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 07:13:53 -0700 (PDT), Susette
wrote:

Having been on 47 cruises, and having been on many of the cruise
lines. When it comes to Hawaii, the itinerary is the most important
and with that fact NCL has the best product to do the ISLANDS out
there, AMERICANS are the main employee so the service is not that of
what many "Cruisers" are accostumed too. But you get to see more of
Hawaii... no packing and unpacking over and over and running to
airport to puddle jump. Many people could not take all the seas days
of a 15 night although better ships, and it has alot of older people
on those sailings...If you do not mind that and just want to Cruise
then that is your ticket.

Agree

As far as Ships, Royal Caribbean. builds the most innovative beautiful
ships out there. I do not see any issues with Staterooms as theya re
well appointed and roomy enough to do what you need to do. their
shows are fantastic.

Disagree. We always have an interior stateroom. If you have the beds
together to make a king, there is NOT room to do anything that you
want to do. We either have to crawl out at the foot of the bed or get
out on the side and climb over the end of the bed because the cabinets
do not leave any room to walk.

Also the bathrooms have no space to put anything.

Actually I would say that our first RCI cruise had a very diverse crew
and the service was what had I expected from NCLA. IOW, our cabin
steward was surly and the ship didn't have the act together. The ship
information on the TV was absolutely not to be trusted. On that first
cruise it said our next port was San Juan and we didn't go to San Juan
at all.

[...]

Charles[_1_] June 4th, 2011 03:41 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

In article ,
wrote:

Disagree. We always have an interior stateroom. If you have the beds
together to make a king, there is NOT room to do anything that you
want to do. We either have to crawl out at the foot of the bed or get
out on the side and climb over the end of the bed because the cabinets
do not leave any room to walk.

Also the bathrooms have no space to put anything.

I think we had this discussion but there are larger inside staterooms
on Royal caribbean. You choose to pick the smallest inside cabins. I
guess to save money. Also you choose to pick the oldest ships in the
Royal fleet. Susette has been on many Royal Caribbean sailings and in
inside cabins as have I. Been in inside cabins so we know the cabins.
Also I think you have only been on the older Vision class ships. The
Radiance, Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships are on another level.

Reading your posts I do think HAL is the best fit for you. They do have
the largest cabins along with Carnival, and since you like insides and
prefer to stay in the cabin in the evening editing photos other aspects
that Royal Caribbean is known for would be wasted on you.

--
Charles

Surfer E2468 June 4th, 2011 10:23 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

Been on 8 rccl cruises,and fornd each one very ood,we also get inside
cabins,mid-ship and always request twin beds. f they give us a double
bed.we have them separate it to make twin beds.
It gives you much more room to move around in the cabin,and is a good
set up.No climbing over each other or crawling to the foot of the bed to
get up. Next time you getan inside ,request a twin,for the short time we
are on a cruise,we can sleep apart,can always sleep together at home,and
after 63 years it works very well.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

[email protected] June 5th, 2011 04:13 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:23:56 -0400, (Surfer E2468)
wrote:

Been on 8 rccl cruises,and fornd each one very ood,we also get inside
cabins,mid-ship and always request twin beds. f they give us a double
bed.we have them separate it to make twin beds.
It gives you much more room to move around in the cabin,and is a good
set up.No climbing over each other or crawling to the foot of the bed to
get up. Next time you getan inside ,request a twin,for the short time we
are on a cruise,we can sleep apart,can always sleep together at home,and
after 63 years it works very well.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Yes we do that. But I am irritated by the people who say that the
cabins are well designed, when they can only be used with twin beds.

If I were younger, or in better health, I would not want to be
sleeping in twin beds.

Charles[_1_] June 5th, 2011 08:08 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

In article ,
wrote:

Yes we do that. But I am irritated by the people who say that the
cabins are well designed, when they can only be used with twin beds.

If I were younger, or in better health, I would not want to be
sleeping in twin beds.

I have never had the beds made up as twins on Royal Caribbean and had
plenty of room. As I have mentioned on the Vision class ships like
Grandeur and Enchantment there are two sizes of inside cabins. If you
need more room book the large inside cabin on that class of ships.
Check the square feet before you book a cabin.

--
Charles

Janet Wilder June 5th, 2011 09:11 PM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

On 6/5/2011 10:13 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:23:56 -0400,
(Surfer E2468)
wrote:

Been on 8 rccl cruises,and fornd each one very ood,we also get inside
cabins,mid-ship and always request twin beds. f they give us a double
bed.we have them separate it to make twin beds.
It gives you much more room to move around in the cabin,and is a good
set up.No climbing over each other or crawling to the foot of the bed to
get up. Next time you getan inside ,request a twin,for the short time we
are on a cruise,we can sleep apart,can always sleep together at home,and
after 63 years it works very well.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Yes we do that. But I am irritated by the people who say that the
cabins are well designed, when they can only be used with twin beds.

If I were younger, or in better health, I would not want to be
sleeping in twin beds.

Try spring for a larger cabin?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

[email protected] June 7th, 2011 01:00 AM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:11:12 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

On 6/5/2011 10:13 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:23:56 -0400,
(Surfer E2468)
wrote:

Been on 8 rccl cruises,and fornd each one very ood,we also get inside
cabins,mid-ship and always request twin beds. f they give us a double
bed.we have them separate it to make twin beds.
It gives you much more room to move around in the cabin,and is a good
set up.No climbing over each other or crawling to the foot of the bed to
get up. Next time you getan inside ,request a twin,for the short time we
are on a cruise,we can sleep apart,can always sleep together at home,and
after 63 years it works very well.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Yes we do that. But I am irritated by the people who say that the
cabins are well designed, when they can only be used with twin beds.

If I were younger, or in better health, I would not want to be
sleeping in twin beds.

Try spring for a larger cabin?

Why should I have to do that? The smaller cabins will still be crap -
it will just be someone else's crap to deal with.

Bill[_1_] June 7th, 2011 01:20 AM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

On 6/6/2011 8:00 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:11:12 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

On 6/5/2011 10:13 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:23:56 -0400,
(Surfer E2468)
wrote:

[...]

But maybe they won't need twin beds or the extra space that you do.

We went on NCL's Pride of Hawaii (just before it became the Jade) a few
years ago. I thought the food was mediocre and I hated the dinner
reservation system. But it was a very convenient way to get to the
different islands and we got a great deal because it was the last year
they had all 3 ships running and they had excess capacity. I actually
thought the housekeeping was pretty good, we had a college student from
Hawaii who was very nice and did a decent job.

Bill

Janet Wilder June 7th, 2011 02:45 AM

NCl hawaii and stuff.

On 6/6/2011 7:00 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:11:12 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

On 6/5/2011 10:13 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:23:56 -0400,
(Surfer E2468)
wrote:

[...]

I'll just pop some corn and wait for your cruise to be over so you can
come back and tell us all the things that were bad about it. g