TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ngoro-ngoro one of the worst (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72306)

Albert F. August 15th, 2005 11:45 PM

Ngoro-ngoro one of the worst

Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Keep in touch

Albert
Barcelona

jona August 16th, 2005 06:34 AM

"Albert F." wrote in message
s...
Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Unlike all other game parks, the Ngoro-Ngoro animals have
not been trained to stand alongside the road and pose for
your viewing pleasure.

jona August 16th, 2005 06:36 AM

"Albert F." wrote in message
s...
Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Unlike all other game parks, the Ngoro-Ngoro animals have
not been trained to stand alongside the road and pose for
your viewing pleasure.

Marc Lurie August 16th, 2005 08:35 AM

Albert,

I'm glad I'm not the only person to feel that way about Ngorongoro.

You must remebre though, that Ngorongoro isn't hailed as the world's
greatest reserve. It is a fascinating geological and natural
phenomenon, and the colours and textures of the landscape are
incredible. The fact that there are a bunch of animals living
side-by-side with Maasai herders in a crater only a few km's wide is
quite surreal. A bit like a Dali painting :-)

I was very dissapointed by the wildlife in Ngorongoro, but absolutely
enchanted by the crater itsself.

For good game viewing, I have yet to find better than Kruger Nat. Park
in South Africa.

Marc

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:45:00 GMT, "Albert F."
wrote:

Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Keep in touch

Albert
Barcelona

Marc Lurie August 16th, 2005 08:46 AM

Jona,

Have you been to Ngorongoro? It's a 17km diameter crater with animals
in it. How can they get away from the thousands of gawking visitors
that pass through each day? Game viewing there is like shooting fish
in a barrel.

If you don't see the big five in one day, you're either not looking,
or you're driving like a hooligan and scaring them away.

You can't honestly believe that animals in Ngorongoro are "wild", and
un-used to people. and that animals at other parks are are tame.

Marc.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:34:39 +0100, "jona"
wrote:

"Albert F." wrote in message
. es...
Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Unlike all other game parks, the Ngoro-Ngoro animals have
not been trained to stand alongside the road and pose for
your viewing pleasure.

Corné August 16th, 2005 11:29 AM

"Albert F." schreef in bericht
s...
Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen.

Which game parks did you visit?

Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

You will see more there, then on the Ramblas I suppose?
Ever heard about that the game moves into the forests to graze, look for
shade etc.?

Please, don't keep in touch...

Corné.

www.amukela.com

jona August 16th, 2005 07:53 PM

"Marc Lurie" wrote in message
Jona,

Have you been to Ngorongoro? It's a 17km diameter crater with animals

[...........]
You can't honestly believe that animals in Ngorongoro are "wild", and
un-used to people. and that animals at other parks are are tame.

No.
Do you honestly believe I was serious ?

Gerald August 17th, 2005 05:16 PM

What a smartass answers are been giving here. Expect not that everybody has the experience as some think they have. If you can not answer seriously then don’t. His question was “anyone knows what's happening there? :-?”

And if you do not know what is happening, just say it. That al the game is moving to the forest is the worst answer there is. And “grazing” in the “forest” is an answer for a hard laugh. Herds of wildebeest in the forest should make the crater great.

At this time of the year Serengeti has lost it’s big herds of wildebeest en zebra’s to the Masai Mara. The Crater is often not what you expect if you have seen the television. So if one has just one day it is not difficult to have a bad day and that feels disappointing. Therefore the crater is not the worst. Indeed there is more to see. Rhino’s, lions and cheetah’s are not that easy to spot in the crater. For this you should have seen enough.
Just see it as bad luck and do not blame nature as it is not a zoo like the television presents it.

Gerald

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert F.
Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Keep in touch

Albert
Barcelona

pootdi-2 August 18th, 2005 07:47 AM

Marc Lurie wrote:
Albert,

For good game viewing, I have yet to find better than Kruger Nat. Park
in South Africa.

Well Chobe in Botswana and etosha in namibia are at pare with Kruger

Didier P

Hi, just comming from Tanzania and visiting Seregeti and Ngoro-ngoro
crater... one of the worst game parks I've ever seen. Nothing to see.
Expected top Africa's park, but... only couple of old elephants, some
zebras anb wildbest... but nothing more. Does anyone knows what's
happening there? :-?

Keep in touch

Albert
Barcelona

Corné August 18th, 2005 07:52 AM

"Gerald" schreef in bericht

What a smartass answers are been giving here.

And you're the next one...