TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sydney where to meet locals (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=54112)

bird December 27th, 2004 10:31 PM

Sydney where to meet locals

Hi
I´m going to Sydney and want to meet locals (avoiding the tourist crowd
hangouts from the guidebook), can anybody give recommendations for places?

Thanks,
Bird

Ian S..... December 28th, 2004 03:08 AM

"bird" wrote in message ...
| Hi
| I´m going to Sydney and want to meet locals (avoiding the tourist crowd
| hangouts from the guidebook), can anybody give recommendations for places?
|
| Thanks,
| Bird

Redfern railway station.............

Marty December 28th, 2004 09:37 AM

That's good.
Oxford St is where you can meet a different kind of local.

"bird" wrote in message ...
Hi
I´m going to Sydney and want to meet locals (avoiding the tourist crowd
hangouts from the guidebook), can anybody give recommendations for places?

Thanks,
Bird

scander December 28th, 2004 12:09 PM

Marty wrote:
That's good.
Oxford St is where you can meet a different kind of local.

"bird" wrote in message ...
Hi
I=B4m going to Sydney and want to meet locals (avoiding the tourist

crowd
hangouts from the guidebook), can anybody give recommendations for

places?

Thanks,
Bird

Could try Balmain or Paddington

David Springthorpe December 29th, 2004 12:50 AM

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:37:26 +1100, "Marty"
wrote:

That's good.
Oxford St is where you can meet a different kind of local.

Just don't bend down to pick up any wallets.....

DS