TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tunisia - guerilla style :-) (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=41869)

Carlos September 12th, 2004 01:01 AM

Tunisia - guerilla style :-)

All I have is return tickets to Monastir in 2 weeks time. Would it be easy
to find rooms over there in late September early October? And would I really
make a saving on the internet rates if I just show up and pay in Tunisian
Dinars?

I actually plan to leave the tourist traps of Monastir, Hammamet and Sousse
far behind and instead experience Tunis and the Sahara dessert. I speak good
French and am taking a crash course in Arabic so I shouldn't be as
irritating as your average British tourist :-O

Cheers
Carlos

Imalittleluvvy September 12th, 2004 09:52 AM

Hi Carlos , you shouldnt have any problems at all finding rooms, thing to do is
keep asking almost everyone knows "someone" who has one! Depends really what
your looking for , you`ll find plenty of pensions there. I always only have
dinar on me its so much easier but you have to get them at monister when you
arrive, you cannot get dinar outside of Tunisia