TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   % of women in africa who straighten their hair? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=82140)

[email protected] January 28th, 2006 07:35 PM

% of women in africa who straighten their hair?

seek reliable statistics - or educated estimates - on the number of
(local) women in African cities who have their hair straightened.
Tried the manufacturers, they don't know for sure because these
products seldom run in an exclusive-rights-territorial
-distribution-licensing

also seek ancdotal info about what a salon in city XXX charged for the
job.

Pat Anderson January 29th, 2006 10:31 AM

% of women in africa who straighten their hair?

In message .com,
writes
seek reliable statistics - or educated estimates - on the number of
(local) women in African cities who have their hair straightened.
Tried the manufacturers, they don't know for sure because these
products seldom run in an exclusive-rights-territorial
-distribution-licensing

also seek ancdotal info about what a salon in city XXX charged for the
job.

I don`t have statistics but hair straightening in cities is common
and also the wearing of wigs, in Nigeria I saw that hair plaiting was
important, one woman even had her hair plaited in the shape of a
stadium where the All Africa games was being performed. I was told that
a woman does not feel smart in Nigeria if her hair is not plaited!
Other women wear head ties.
No idea of the cost.
Some tourists in Kenya have their hair plaited and often have beads in
their hairstyle.
Pat
--
Pat Anderson