TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tri Rail? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=76914)

SheilaS November 6th, 2005 12:07 AM

Tri Rail?

I asked this question under another post, but I am wondering what most of
you think about the Tri-Rail out of Miami.
It sounds like it would be hassle-free, not having to rent a car and turn
it back in, etc...
However, I am wondering about the safety issue. I know Miami has the
gun-toting law for protection, but I know that also works both ways. Is
the Tri- Rail safe to ride? Would you ride it?

Sheila---------doesn't want to risk my saafety to save a couple bucks ;0)

Thomas Smith November 6th, 2005 05:44 AM

Tri Rail?

"SheilaS" wrote in message
lkabouttravelling.com...
I asked this question under another post, but I am wondering what most of
you think about the Tri-Rail out of Miami.
It sounds like it would be hassle-free, not having to rent a car and turn
it back in, etc...
However, I am wondering about the safety issue. I know Miami has the
gun-toting law for protection, but I know that also works both ways. Is
the Tri- Rail safe to ride? Would you ride it?

Sheila---------doesn't want to risk my saafety to save a couple bucks ;0)

While I would feel perfectly safe riding the Tri-Rail service, the main
problem I have is convenience. The service is geared for commuters in South
Florida and not tourists. If you rode Tri-Rail, you would have to carry
your luggage in your lap, and lug it with you wherever you went.

I would feel safe on the Metrorail service in Miami as it is well patrolled.
I consider the Metrobus service safe too if you want to go to South Beach
and avoid the hassle of driving. However, I would use extreme caution on
the Metromover service through downtown Miami, especially after sunset.
This service is free, but the stations and cars are poorly patrolled, and
seem to suffer quite a bit of abuse.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.