TravelBanter

-   Backpacking and Budget travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Quick dry socks for washing in sinks (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=158027)

mike September 9th, 2009 02:00 PM

Quick dry socks for washing in sinks

What socks can I buy (U.S.) that will dry quicker than regular 100%
cotton "crew socks" (go up to somewhere between the ankle and the
knee"? I will be washing socks in sinks with camp soap, and the cotton
ones I have take forever to dry. "Dress socks" would be thinner, but I
hate the feel--and hiking socks are too bulky to pack. I do wear
hiking shoes, but not "hiking socks" (just the crew socks I mentioned,
and those work just fine).

Any advice on materials or specific brands? Preferably something I can
buy at a U.S. retail store like Dick's Sporting Goods, REI, Walmart,
Target, or other chain stores.

Thanks very much.

Mike

mike September 9th, 2009 04:26 PM

Quick dry socks for washing in sinks

Please see the following thread instead:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...95bc8e12e32fb#