TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My African Trip (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72661)

August 22nd, 2005 01:53 AM

My African Trip

I have a question I have booked a flight to Lagos, Accra and Nairobi. My
question is I see where I will be sitting say in Entebee Airport for 16
hours on a layover. Has anyone experienced this before? Am I allowed to
leave the airport during this time. Do the provide a hotel or allow us to go
to a hotel during this layover? Please advise. PEACE~

Hans-Georg Michna August 22nd, 2005 06:55 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:53:49 -0400,
wrote:

I have a question I have booked a flight to Lagos, Accra and Nairobi. My
question is I see where I will be sitting say in Entebee Airport for 16
hours on a layover. Has anyone experienced this before? Am I allowed to
leave the airport during this time. Do the provide a hotel or allow us to go
to a hotel during this layover? Please advise. PEACE~

You have to ask either the airline or the travel agency.

At least Kampala is a nice city, so if you can leave the
airport, use the time for sightseeing.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

August 22nd, 2005 09:33 PM

Thanks but the only thing is would I need Uganda visa to go into the
city...the airlines giving me all this I am not sure business...
wrote:

I have a question I have booked a flight to Lagos, Accra and Nairobi. My
question is I see where I will be sitting say in Entebee Airport for 16
hours on a layover. Has anyone experienced this before? Am I allowed to
leave the airport during this time. Do the provide a hotel or allow us to

go
to a hotel during this layover? Please advise. PEACE~

You have to ask either the airline or the travel agency.

At least Kampala is a nice city, so if you can leave the
airport, use the time for sightseeing.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Hans-Georg Michna August 24th, 2005 01:58 PM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:33:38 -0400,
wrote:

Thanks but the only thing is would I need Uganda visa to go into the
city...the airlines giving me all this I am not sure business...

You may be able to get a visa on Entebbe airport.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.