TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Security Line Length at SFO (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182241)

DrDuncan May 7th, 2016 05:14 AM

Security Line Length at SFO

I recently heard a news report that TSA security has become much much much slower. The result is that U.S. security lines are taking three to four hours and thousands of people are missing their flights because of this. If that is still the case, how true is it for SFL? I'm soon going to fly through there and I need to know how much earlier I need to show up to get to my flight on time. Does anyone have any info? I was at SFO two months ago and there was no such problem. Thanks.

DrDuncan

Arthur Conan Doyle May 7th, 2016 04:19 PM

Security Line Length at SFO

DrDuncan wrote:

I recently heard a news report that TSA security has become much much much =
slower. The result is that U.S. security lines are taking three to four hou=
rs and thousands of people are missing their flights because of this. If th=
at is still the case, how true is it for SFL? I'm soon going to fly throug=
h there and I need to know how much earlier I need to show up to get to my =
flight on time. Does anyone have any info? I was at SFO two months ago and =
there was no such problem. Thanks.

You might find this web site helpful:

https://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/wait_times_home.aspx

[email protected] October 1st, 2017 04:16 PM

Security Line Length at SFO

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2016 06:14:46 UTC+2 schrieb DrDuncan:
I recently heard a news report that TSA security has become much much much slower. The result is that U.S. security lines are taking three to four hours and thousands of people are missing their flights because of this. If that is still the case, how true is it for SFL?

There has been a similar problem at DUS with
passengers checked in but missing there flights
because of lining up for more than three hours.

Meanwhile, they added to the privat security
company real policemen and other security services.

Airports say they cannot influence the number of
security check staff even in case of Problems.

Regards, ULF