TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=99940)

Surfer E2468 November 8th, 2006 03:09 AM

More questions [long]

EVE:
Have been to TULUM,and it is something you do not want to miss,very,very
nice,but hot as hades,be careful in jamaica,it is not a good place to
rent a car,had some people on our cruise that rented a car,and they are
not air conditioned,and when they stopped for a red light,they were
surrounde by a group of men that proceeded to reach in the car window
and snatch her necklace,and bracelet off her,causing some injuries,so
take care. Captain told us once we
boarded the ship in montego bay,stay on board do not get off
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Ermalee[_2_] November 8th, 2006 03:16 AM

First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..

But Jean, you do have to admit that 2003 was three years ago, don't you?
LOL. I would be willing to put the food on the old, old Zenith up against
the food on the brand new shiny Crown or any other ship. It was darn good
in October of THIS YEAR. :-)

I'll believe it if you can say that AFTER you sail on the Crown Princess,
Erm!

--Jean ;-p

I don't swear often, but I swear I will not call you names. Not even a
hard-head. :-)

Ermalee

sheree November 8th, 2006 03:38 AM

First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

you're right jean. conquest was #1 in our book for food until the crown
princess as well. the food on the zenith was average. ncl crown was good,
and celebrity summit was very good but not up to conquest or crown princess!
sheree
welcome back!

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
I am one who does not think RCI food is that bad. I think it is getting
better. And I think Celebrity food is getting worse. I think the food
on both is close. Honestly I was happier with the food on Crown
Princess than the food on Zenith or Mariner of the Seas.....

--
Charles

I agree, Charles, I saw nothing on Celebrity that was as good as what we
had on the Crown Princess.
We felt that the Carnival Conquest had the best food until we took the
Crown Princess this past August.
The Conquest has moved to the #2 spot as far as the quality of food since
we took her just this past week. The food on the Conquest did not seem to
be as good as the last time we took her, but she still had better food
than the Celebrity ships, Zenith, Infinity and Mercury.
The Crown Princess is # 1 in my book as far as food, service and friendly
staff. The ship itself is also very beautiful. A ship of any mainstream
cruise line will REALLY have to work hard to surpass the Crown Princess
experience we had on August 25th!

--Jean

Jean O'Boyle November 8th, 2006 03:42 AM

"Ermalee" wrote in message
I'll believe it if you can say that AFTER you sail on the Crown Princess,
Erm!

--Jean ;-p

I don't swear often, but I swear I will not call you names. Not even a
hard-head. :-)

Ermalee

;-) ---Jean

Jean O'Boyle November 8th, 2006 04:03 AM

"sheree" wrote in message
you're right jean. conquest was #1 in our book for food until the crown
princess as well. the food on the zenith was average. ncl crown was
good, and celebrity summit was very good but not up to conquest or crown
princess!
sheree
welcome back!

Ahh! Thanks, Sheree...for the welcome back and the back up! ;-)
It is good to be back and my cold and cough are a bit better tonight...I
have been fighting this since I came down with it Halloween night...I
thought I just had a sore throat from screaming so much in the haunted house
on the Conquest...I often wondered if I would be able to scream if
attacked...well..I sure found out...I screamed my silly head off ! The
haunted house on the ship was fantastic! Very scary...even more so than the
last Halloween Sleazy 3 Voyage on her! The ship's decorations were great
with black & orange balloons, spiders, pumpkins, spider & cob webs, witches
and skeletons all over! Halloween is such fun on a ship and I was amazed at
how many of the passengers wore costumes... and such fabulous ones! It
seemed that just about everyone came out in costume on Halloween night!

Sounds as if y'all were smart making your NCL Crown plans for Bermuda when
you did for next summer! It will be interesting to watch what happens in
the Bermuda market for cruising with the Zenith leaving.

--Jean

JP[_3_] November 8th, 2006 04:57 AM

First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

"Dick G" wrote in message
. ..
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Dick G
wrote:

Yes, Ray, but Eve, the original poster appears to have posted from an

ISP
in
Poland, which would change all of the rules.

That is the e-mail address they show in their "From header" but it was
posted from Verizon Net. Just like your "From header" reads @nosuch.com
and you posted from Comcast you can't go by the From header. By the way
there is a nosuch.com domain so I hope you actually own that e-mail
address there. If not, and I doubt it, you should not use that address.
If you want to use a fake domain to munge your e-mail address use
@.invalid or @.example or @.localhost or @.test because no DNS activity
will take place and you won't accidently use someone elses e-mail
address and you won't also waste bandwith with DNS activity.

--
Charles

Sorry, Charles, I saw the ".pl" in the OP's return address and never

looked
beyond that.

BTW, I wasn't trying to hide my identity, just trying to stem the flow of
SPAM into my gmail account.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Gee dickie. I have that bad habit of not fully reading an item on occassion,
so its nice to see, someone else also screws up once in awhile.
Oh...BTW...pass along the info that IMHO maps from yahoo suck. I just got
back from a trip looking at some houses for sale in another state and 3 of
my maps from yahoo had mistakes, which caused me to waste a lot of time
locating property.

JP

JP[_3_] November 8th, 2006 05:00 AM

First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

"Dick G" wrote in message
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Dick G
wrote:

BTW, I wasn't trying to hide my identity, just trying to stem the flow

of
SPAM into my gmail account.

I know but you are using someone's real domain, nosuch.com to do that.
Nosuch exists, it is registered to someone. So if any spam is diverted
you are diverting it to someone else. How would you like it if someone
diverted their spam to you?

--
Charles

God has punished me for my transgressions, Charles, and I will attempt to
correct them, and apologize for those who wish to killfile me.

In spite of my being on the national do not call list I had my dinner
interrupted last night by a call from no less a luminary than Joe Piscipo,
who told me that he was calling all of his Italian friends.....and that is
where I hung up.

Today Joe called back, only this time he was just my friend, and lo and
behold, he wanted me to vote for (gasp) the Republican candidate for the
senate.

FWIW, I also hung up on Bill Clinton.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Nice to see you not catering to any political party dick. I thought I was
the only one to hang up on all political phone calls, either repub or dem.

JP

Ermalee[_2_] November 8th, 2006 05:07 AM

First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

JP wrote:

"Dick G" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message
lid...

In article , Dick G
wrote:

[...]

Don't you detest the recorded political phone calls. Talk about hanging
up in a hurry. I wish I could say I didn't vote for any of those, but
since I hung up before knowing who the robot was, I'm not sure whether I
voted for them or not. :-)

Ermalee

Sue and Kevin Mullen November 8th, 2006 05:37 AM

Ermalee wrote:

Don't you detest the recorded political phone calls. Talk about hanging
up in a hurry. I wish I could say I didn't vote for any of those, but
since I hung up before knowing who the robot was, I'm not sure whether I
voted for them or not. :-)

The recorded poltitcal phone calls have been driving me mad. Everytime
I go somewhere, I come home to several voice mail messages from them.
They have interuped me so many times and worst of all was today when i
was trying to nap, got woken up twice.

Erm, I am glad to see I am not the only one to hang without knowing
who they are.

sue

Brian K[_1_] November 8th, 2006 07:06 AM

First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

On 11/7/2006 11:37 PM Sue and Kevin Mullen plucked Senior Frog's Magic
Twanger and said:

Ermalee wrote:

Don't you detest the recorded political phone calls. Talk about
hanging up in a hurry. I wish I could say I didn't vote for any of
those, but since I hung up before knowing who the robot was, I'm not
sure whether I voted for them or not. :-)

The recorded poltitcal phone calls have been driving me mad. Everytime
I go somewhere, I come home to several voice mail messages from them.
They have interuped me so many times and worst of all was today when i
was trying to nap, got woken up twice.

Erm, I am glad to see I am not the only one to hang without knowing
who they are.

sue

One of them even called my cell phone! I wonder if it would be worth it
to ask that they be charged with telephone harassment? Last time I
checked, I was registered with the National Do Not Call List.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera